Are the X-Men still worth reading after Claremont left?

Are the X-Men still worth reading after Claremont left?

Attached: X-MEN281_01a.jpg (1006x1502, 368.88K)

Read peter david's x factor

Which one?

Yes.

Skip to Whedon's run and then continue until AvX, then skip again until HoX/PoX

>whedon run
what the ever loving fuck is wrong with you? it was awful and nothing fucking happened until the last 2 issues

It is great, actually makes the Emma/Scott relationship work unlike what Morrison did. Did the only good mutant cure story, invents Brandie, brings back Colossus in a good way and fridges Kitty. What is not to like?

Skip to Hickman. Nothing in-between is notable.

X-Men is good until Onslaught; afterwards, Bob Harras and Mark Powers went full Hitler micromanaging shit, pissing off fans by getting rid of fan favorites, shilling Bob's waifu Marrow, and fucking over major plotline resolutions for short term bullshit no one wanted.

Bullshit. Whedon did his best to make Emma evil, cucked Scott with a bullshit retcon, and fucked over Claremont when he was getting ready to resolve one of his most infamous unresolved plotlines (nazi Courtney Ross).

Also, Emma/Scott didn't become good until Fraction and even then, only because Fraction wrote Emma realizing Scott was going full Nazi and tried to reign him in.

Nah fuck off. The only evil Emma in his run is when she is clearly doing double agent against Cassandra Nova. He wrote their origin love story

Age of Apocalypse
Uncanny X-Force

Cable and Deadpool

if you like Havok or alternate timelines, Mutant X

emma's a bitch. beast was the only one that gave enough of a shit to put her back together, jean put her back together just to placate beast, then emma treated beast like shit anyway

Attached: emma.png (580x562, 488.37K)

I actually got into the book when Lobdell and Niceza were on it so I might be biased but that's my x-men.

I basically read all books from X-men 1 (1990s) all the way up to onslaught while occasionally dipping back. And as much as people make fun of how EXTREME the 90s were, there was a real sense that editorial had a guiding image for where things where going that developed over time. Shit felt like it matters and we were always making progress and it was just nice. I'd be very happy to get a collected edition of books from that era.

Yes. Despite what the Claremont-only autists insist, there's little noticeable difference in quality between the average Claremont X-book and the average post-Claremont X-book. Just keep reading until you're not enjoying it anymore, but do so on the understanding that you are going to stop enjoying it eventually. By the later years of the 90s, everyone stops enjoying it. Once you hit that point, never go back for any later runs. Not even once.

I went back a couple times but it's also short bursts I was never really able to follow it like I was able to for years

I stopped reading in the lat 90s. Returned during Second Coming. Caught up, and am still reading to this day.

No.

>there's little noticeable difference in quality between the average Claremont X-book and the average post-Claremont X-book.
Absolutely incorrect.

You're probably ignoring the words "the average". The highs may have been higher, but the average issue is not noticeably better, and it takes a special kind of "only Claremont X-Men is real X-Men" autist to insist otherwise. Factor in all of Claremont's later X-books from 2000 onwards and his lows are lower than it ever got in the 90s, too.