Okay, so I'm watching Home Movies for the first time and I've reached season 2...

Okay, so I'm watching Home Movies for the first time and I've reached season 2. I noticed that they stopped used squigglevision animation, everything is more static and bland. What's the consensus on this animation style change?

Attached: 1627690359759.jpg (640x480, 42.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Bpg-D-i9wdA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's better, the world gets more filled in and the characters are more reactive.

Necessary evil.

It was distracting to some viewers and the technique was very limited for the staff who want some dynamic scenes

The squiggles only work as an artistic flair for so long before they start to get in the way.

Squigglevision honestly made the animation feel MORE stilted than the later stuff.

I would defend squigglevision more if it were the honest result of hand drawn animation, but they actually did it in software. Besides, the animation had improved so much by season 4, there's a ton of shots that just would not have worked at all in squigglevision.

It really didn't add anything to the show. It was just annoying at the end. The writing and voice acting really made the show great.

Attached: 1619122929059.jpg (854x480, 96.32K)

Listen to the commentaries.

Home Movies is carried moreso by the acting than the animation, so I wasn't bothered by it. I could listen to this scene with my eyes closed and it'd be just as funny.
youtu.be/Bpg-D-i9wdA

The animation was never really the big thing for me in Home Movies, the change took me a bit to get used to at first but now it doesn't even register to me as something different

Most people preferred the change. "squiggle vision" gave people headaches.

I kind of like the newer style. They have to move the characters more. If you want to watch a show that is 100 percent "squiggle vision". Check out, Doctor Katz.

(I still like squiggle vision but it's a bit of a crutch)

Paula is underrated.

Yes

Attached: 1625956290961.png (1075x1500, 717.49K)

>Most people preferred the change. "squiggle vision" gave people headaches.
The only people who stayed up to watch Home Movies were burnouts. God knows which of the narcotics they consumed gave them headaches but it wasn't Home Movies.

I'm too cheap.

The animation gets really good once in a while.
The Shannon song, the nurse scene in the fat episode, the jazz battle scene, ect.

Attached: .png (468x792, 219.34K)

The entire reason it was there in the first place was because it was in Dr. Katz, and it was a quick and easy way to let viewers know the shows were made by the same people. The style worked a lot better in Katz though, since it added interesting visuals to a show that was just about people sitting and talking. It doesn't really work for a show like Home Movies where things actually happen.

sauce?