King of Thieves

So was he always the King of Thieves or was it because of Alladin's wish to become a prince?

Attached: Profile_-_Cassim.jpg (797x788, 71.59K)

I dunno but AS FATHER AND SON is one of the best Disney songs

Is it true that he was going to be Aladdin's brother?

Attached: 6a0128765f7bac970c013488fa1c8f970c.jpg (512x384, 39.28K)

Why isn't this show on fucking Disney+ yet?! That and Gargoyles are all I want from it.

Maybe you Americans have it but I sure don't.

The original idea for the third movie was going to be for Mozenrath to be revealed to be Aladdin's brother, but they instead decided to just come up with a new character in Kassim instead.

He was a broke homeless man trying to provide for his wife and son, only to leave them to pursue a myth.

God he’s so hot

Gargoyles is on plus and it still holds up.

Gargoyles was on Disney Plus day one.

Ooh that’s an interesting thought OP. The film implies that Kassim wasn’t always the 40 thieves leader, so maybe that was like a cosmic balancing act. It’s a cool idea at any rate.

It makes sense since his wish to become a prince only gave him a parade and some fancy clothes otherwise. Both things the Genie could do without any wish granting. Giving his father this "kingship" was the path of least resistance to making Aladdin a prince.

Wish Disney would allow both. Would be an interesting plot point and dynamic between his family.

Attached: tumblr_9538dcdb9556e4e3cbe7c3f20b7b3271_b172e582_1280.jpg (900x506, 152.57K)

gargoyles has been on disney+ here in the netherlands from the start.
but not alladin

I know calling you a genius is a stretch but man that's clever

I really can't imagine Mozenrath reforming, him being an evil snake was basically his entire character.

Remember when Genie mentioned Ali-Baba 40 Thieves in Friend Like Me?
Does that mean Scheherazade exists in this world too? Wonder how that would work.

gotta. the first movie kicks off with a song called "arabian nights" so i imagine every story in 1,001 nights is canon in universe

Same, sort of.

Yeah, I’d want him to be Aladdin’s brother but still evil. That whole family dynamic and the sort of different levels of morality. Aladdin started a petty thief but always had a noble a good heart. Kassim is affable and cares for his son but still lacked the resolve to so much as return to his family and chased gold putting him towards neutral. Mozenrath, meanwhile, is just straight up evil, while Aladdin was good despite his crappy upbringing (or rather lack of one) Morzenrath kind of embraced and internalizes the crappiness of his upbringing.

Dude, the next line of Genie’s song was “Scheherazade had a thousand tales”.

As I recall the reason for the shift was because Disney wanted to give the movie wider appeal since Robin Williams came back to voice Genie, so they had to retool the plot so people who hadn't watched the show wouldn't be confused.

I can kind of get that. When the sequel came out (which, funny enough, if I recall was before the series) I was confused as a kid over Abis Mal seeing as he was regarded as someone Aladdin and friends were familiar with.