How did Rob Liefeld ever get a job in the comic industry? He can't draw for shit

How did Rob Liefeld ever get a job in the comic industry? He can't draw for shit

Attached: liefeld-cap.jpg (454x610, 36.46K)

I mean look at this, he can't draw torsos

Attached: mmsm2018025_liefeld_dp-30th.jpg (1500x2278, 555.04K)

He is known for being fast and always meeting deadlines? Because that can be a huge factor. Some companies prefer hiring the artist that isn't as good but can meet the deadline. Comics and animation is a machine were everyone needs to be on time because if the writer is late, the artist will be late too, then the inker and colorist will also be late causing delays in printing making life hell for everyone involved. Fun fact, that infamous hellcat comic was because the writer only delivered the script two days before the deadline leaving the artist royally fucked

Attached: hellcat.png (1000x1512, 1.68M)

He can draw, that just the shitty style he sticks with but look at his art when he copies photos,actually good.

Attached: deadpool.jpg (640x640, 103.98K)

People use like his style so he stuck with it, you do what you're know for, it's like how Adam Warren can draw really nice realistic art but he sticks to his this kinda ugly anime style he know for (which use to look good back when it more copied 80's anime but now since he made more stylized looks like shit).

>Fun fact, that infamous hellcat comic was because the writer only delivered the script two days before the deadline leaving the artist royally fucked
Source

Attached: adam warren sketches.jpg (1080x1080, 284.44K)

Attached: empowered adam warren.jpg (1849x2560, 1.33M)

I can draw like this.
I can't draw like this.

Attached: avengelyne-glory-signed-artist-rob_1_1e5d971c7bbd3d04f74ae41d59c51896.jpg (704x1080, 369.25K)

shit you got me, I forgot the source, I think it was the artist who said it on her twitter but my memory is shit so yeah I'm not credible. Anyway I think it explains it because the first few pages are pretty decent but it quickly goes to shit. The artist worked on bee and puppycat so its not like she's incompetent

Rob is based. It's called SOUL.

When has being able to draw mattered? Have you seen what passes for comic art lately?

lol

Attached: I can't see my feet.jpg (1440x1699, 273K)

Now, i'm not putting Liefeld's cartooning on Kirby's level. It's kind of like Liefeld got the general idea then went off the rails when trying to stylise, but nonetheless
AAAAAHHHHHHH, save me anatomy-niggersssssss!! How could an artist possibly get years of work despite abstracting hard with anatomy??!!!!!

Attached: EDGlTT8UwAAwlaN.jpg (672x896, 198.66K)

Warren 80's anime style I'm referencing.

Attached: dp.png (973x1320, 1.33M)

Yeah people tend to forget most CARTOONISTS love to stylized, I mean it comes with the medium it just some people don't like the artstyles they go with so they call it bad, but most all cartoonists know anatomy but they stylize it but lot of comic fans don't understand that just want semi-realistic art and how you get people calls Sam Kieth or Kelley Jones art bad when it's very well drawn and good cartooning.

Attached: maxx.jpg (2972x2372, 1.48M)

Now I'm not defending Liefeld style, it's shit but I'm just saying that like stylized art in comics is not BAD now some can look bad but stylized art can look cool and it's sad most capeshitters mainly just want same jobber semi-realistic shit.

I think there should at least be a range between people on comics where their art fits the intent (story, themes etc). Marvels or Kingdom Come etc just wouldn't be the same without a style similar to Alex Ross's. But stylisation can look great and memes aside, most current artists do it far better than Liefeld.
One thing that annoyed me was Seijic hyping up the guy who drew Waid's Invisible Woman solely on the basis of having a photorealistic style. It did look amazing on a technical level but I wouldn't want that for everything

Tried to find the tweet but can corroborate that the artist said this. Admittedly they never specifically blamed Leth being a lazy whore for it but were pretty blunt about script delays causing it