80s animation

>"NOO 80S ANIMATION IS ALL TOY COMMERCIALS AND BAD!"
If they are bad why did we enjoy them? Why did we like some and not all of them? Keep in mind Any Forums users are +18 and kids watching cartoons are supposed to be 4-12.
The question you might as well be asking now is "why me, as a 30yo adult, dont enjoy cartoons aimed at 8 years old?". And the answer should be obvious. So no I dont think TMNT or Transformers were bad for an 8 years old in 1980. Now as an adult I can say yes, if I watched kid cartoons I would watch the thundercats or conan the adventurer before a single episode of He-man. But then, only as an adult, I could tell a rational objective difference in quality and at the end of the day, I wouldnt watch either of them because Im not a stunted manchildren.
I remember I hated Bravestar but as an adult I certainly cant pinpoint why I hated that show then, it literally seems to be more of the same. But clearly it lacked something to me.

Attached: b4bcbe6db47a78964cb7f80202c84211--s-cartoons-inspector-gadget.jpg (640x640, 159.85K)

To clarify the point that I trying to make is: Cartoons are bad because they fail to kids, or cartoons are bad because they fail to adults? I think a good cartoon aimed at kids is something that satisfies a kid. So its kinda stupid to apply adult metrics and say hurrdurr the transformers were bad because me as an adult can find flaws on it.

consoomerism... GOOD!

>Kids playing with toys and having fun with their imagination is... LE BAD!

There's nothing wrong with toys lol. You must've had a shitty childhood

Some toys did more harm than good but generally I see nothing wrong with cartoons tied to toys. It's the "chase" pieces in stuff and artificial scarcity I hate.

Attached: NINTCHDBPICT000456699931.jpg (2134x2048, 408.34K)

Bump

>Brave Little Toaster
>Flintstones

Neither of these were made with merchandising in mind. Flintstones literally got it’s start in 1960.

Toys attached to TV shows are totally devoid of imagination. Whatever imagination you have is playing with those toys is too dependant on the narrative of the show. You have more imagination playing with a ball.

There is no difference, Fag-man. No company would greenlight something if they didn't think it would make a profit. And often creator intention is to sell toys and appeal to the widest possible audience.
And if your entire argument is that the original had no "soul" than you are objectively wrong. Tons of creative talent went into making them, from character designs to bios to lore.

If anyone is interested, I highly recommend watching the He-man episode of the documentary series "The Toys That Made Us." It has some great BTS information on the toyline and show

Also, if you're acting like you can't make up your own characters even with toys, then you're just creatively bankrupt.

The Jetsons too

Bump

Bump

To be honest, I created my own stories when the season ended. For a kid, that's fun, for an adult that's cringe.

What is fanfiction

Bump

Bump

Are you retarded?

Thanks for the bump

What's the name of the elephant show on the bottom row?

Attached: 1634174447939.jpg (629x461, 68.57K)

chase figures are the worst toy-related things on this Earth

Attached: eyw8jgryj9jmvfnxyz2a.jpg (375x375, 14.8K)