Was making the show for small children (6-10) a mistake...

Was making the show for small children (6-10) a mistake, given that the target demographic of the game is essentially Men in the 20-30 range?

Attached: Cuphead.jpg (312x390, 162.58K)

The game was was clever satire, then the producers came along and said:
>this, but unironically
and that's the show we got.

I wasn't disappointed because I had no expectations to begin with. How could it be good with no cel-animation when that was the artistic centerpiece of the game? There's no coming back from such a major compromise.

I didn't hate the show but at the same time it just made me wonder why even bother licensing the Cuphead game for it, it could have been a completely original production with how removed it feels from the source. I know, "Brand recognition", but Cuphead doesn't strike me a this big mainstream game that would automatically get you viewers like let's say Mario or Halo

Simple, it's a very cheap IP realtive to its popularity - although much of that was short-lived fad energy and the show was produced several years too late to capitalize on the hype.
Additionally, it seems to me like Netflix wants to bolster their in-house cartoon production capabilities while reducing costs, with Cuphead as a 'proof-of-concept' for the executives.

holy shit, get a hobby. we get it...cartoon not like game. no fair!

Given the TV pipeline in general, I think making the show at all was a mistake.

They really could've gotten away with 17+

More importantly though, this writing on this show is what needs the most work. There's no story in any of the episodes, it's like a sequence of events that someone expects to see in a cuphead show, but no through line.

yeah baby! NC17!!! Give me that sweet sweet cupussy

Mega link?

i wanted to see stuff like gambling and drinking.. the only alcohol reference was literal water. i dont want cup shotas i want cup men (or just rowdy teens at least)
at the very least they seem to be capable of depicting war shit, which is important to "replicating" this era of cartoons (replicating being used loosely here. the shitty grain affect didnt do much to distract me from the obvious and lazy modern animation choices)

Should've made it an adult cartoon.

no, and heres a youtuber to prove it

Attached: saber.png (693x435, 298.42K)

It was strange seeing the Devil in a modern day cartoon. Like no clever nickname, no allusion, just straight up Satan in a kid's show. Most properties try to avoid religion.

This show is just so...bland. There's nothing interesting about it, its just..there.

Self contained comedy shows have to rely on their writing and slapstick to be entertaining and watchable, but this show only really has slapstick, the writing itself is the most generic cookie cutter shit ever.

Attached: pepefroggie.jpg (800x450, 39.57K)

Attached: 4f9eff87e90ef78aa810fa6350bd930d.jpg (564x718, 59.47K)

Didn't even hear there was such a show. Anyone's got a mega link or something? Netflix is cancer so I'm not paying for that

its on kimcartoon

The show is actually enjoyable. My kids and nephew actually liked this

Attached: tumblr_pa5fpf6aMB1wswt8jo1_1280.jpg (1277x1920, 682.13K)

Attached: tumblr_p49v71JHCp1wswt8jo1_1280.jpg (1280x1364, 611.83K)

them as rowdy teens would of been great, they could episode topics cover like smoking and drinking and gambling similar to pinocchio. instead we got nu-spongebob type humor but even less funny