I've never understood Cyclops as a character...

I've never understood Cyclops as a character. Half of the time he's a boy scout and the other half he's a dick that everyone hates.
Also I've got to ask, is he still the evil guy who killed Professor X or did they undo that somehow?

Attached: cyclops.jpg (350x350, 33.94K)

Fully undone for ages

He never was. Think of it this way, he was the boy scout who followed the rules til he realized the world is fucked and unfair to his people and adapted, became more pragmatic.

He's a child soldier who grew up.
>who killed Professor X or did they undo that somehow?
I stopped reading comics when the young X-Men were still in the future (our current I guess)

I actually had an interesting conversation of Cyclops the other day about how the other X-Men are constantly joking and that Scott is 100% seriously. Probably to a point they never invited him to games or movies.

>is he still the evil guy who killed Professor X or did they undo that somehow?
Yeah, but people got over it a while ago. His own death via Inhuman Fart Cloud helped.

He was a boyscout that was forced to change in extremely reasonable ways because marvel's world is especially shit for mutants even though they tried to make him a villain

Attached: 1629419383270.jpg (1350x2048, 897.63K)

X-Men are the unfortunate victims of Disney buying Marvel. After they realize they didn't have the rights. All X-Men had a big target on their back.

>half the time
He was always the boy scout, which most people thought was boring. Since no one could figure out how to make Cyclops interesting (outside of killing Jean again) they just turned him into Magneto 2.0 instead since Magneto is an interesting character.

Yeah that’s when they tried to push Inhumans to be the new X-men and it was awful.

I wish Jean would just stay in the ground.

>death via Inhuman Fart Cloud
please explain

>Please don't release anymore clouds they are killing people who a genetically allergic to them
>B-b-but my powers :'(

Truly dark times

Like they really said X-Men are the bad guys, don't like them. Look at these inhumans aren't they just the coolest?

Hes the guy who upholds ideals and sticks to structure for whats right and moral, no matter what the cost. Even if its lonesome or the whole world is against you. Hes more of an X-Man than professor X, and hes the only one who regularly checks him. Hes a leader.

They tried to turn him into a villain to make him appeal to edgelords, but it didnt really work, as they do with all straight laced heros now a days. Great character.

Attached: cyclops-boots-professor-x-out-of-the-x-men.jpg (998x1477, 471.04K)

I think young Cyclops in that time got some good development into Old cyclops.
When adult Cyclops got killed by the MIST.

Attached: 1643322865162.jpg (680x1008, 337.73K)

Terrigen mist. When exposed to terrigen mists, inhumans develop super powers, normal humans are unaffected, and mutants die.

The Inhumans spread the gas that reveals their powers across the globe, turns out mutants are allergic to it to the point of death, but when Scott and the X-men asked them to stop they just said no because the secret Inhumans need their powers for some reason?

I'm a fan of Champions Cyclops

Attached: DdgurY4U8AABA-C.jpg (958x472, 153.17K)

Okay Emma Frost mind controlling people's actions. Second you didn't have time and time again consider not having mutant powers to be ethnically cleansing mutants .3 Black folks only had the mess get out because he knew about the Multiverse ending and it's not like other people in the Illuminati what being total guys about it FYI blowing up planets Us in different dimensions and Professor X was in it.

And asking someone to stop using the cloud and destroying the cloud which you could have easily gotten contained (DeadPOOL DID)are extremely different.

Attached: RCO025_1490196129.jpg (1041x1600, 386.67K)

>please explain
Black Bolt destroyed Attilan, and the resulting explosion released two massive clouds of Terrigen Mist into the Earth's atmosphere. For some reason, the clouds just stayed intact and floated randomly over the planet. Unfortunately, they were poisonous to mutants, and Cyclops died after being exposed to one of them. Emma went nuts and projected a fake Cyclops into everyone's brains, so no one knew he died at the time. Imaginary Cyclops then led a team that successfully destroyed one of the two clouds, and Black Bolt, thinking it was the real Cyclops, killed him for it. Emma made everyone think that's how Cyclops died, and Marvel then treated him like Hitler for destroying one of the Fart Clouds, because the Inhumans needed them to activate their powers. Inhuman powers>mutant lives, apparently.

>Like they really said X-Men are the bad guys, don't like them. Look at these inhumans aren't they just the coolest?
I think this artwork from Death of X says it all.

Attached: Inhumans and X-Men2.jpg (1375x1044, 558.19K)

>and Black Bolt, thinking it was the real Cyclops, killed him for it.

Mind-controlled rape into killing fake cyclops. It should be noted that people who were not fake dead who were actually alive who were involved with Cyclops doing it also called him mutant Hitler. Also Marvel did not know for months to explain what Cyclops did for him to be dead and mutant Hitler.

And it's not like the Inhumans behave in different to the mutants dying.

Attached: hy are we on a boat.jpg (3972x1600, 2.7M)