Why did Titans Academy fail while things like My Hero Academia are thriving...

Why did Titans Academy fail while things like My Hero Academia are thriving? Even Strange Academy outlasted Titans Academy.

Attached: Teen_Titans_Academy_Vol_1_2_Variant.jpg (1988x3056, 862.68K)

MHA's for retarded children and not an extension of an existing property. Titans Academy was a poor quality DC book. The Academy-style books predating MHA, of which are many, usually did fine.
MHA is a two-bit ripoff of Western cape concepts but with bootlicking superhuman registration and stupid ranking systems like Naruto or HxH

All you said was why you didn't like MHA, and your pretty shit reasons aside, all you said was Titans Academy was poor quality. You hardly answered the OP

I'm the only one deigning to answer "the OP", by which you mean yourself.
The answer is TA was not very good but tried something new for Titans (but not DC in general) and actually has a legacy to live up to among a broader reader base which affects word of mouth.
MHA's a mix and match of concepts tested elsewhere with nothing stand out except to children who have never read the author's inspirations, which helps.

I'm not OP, there are 3 posters here.

I actually like reading MHA so apparently they’re doing something right

The actual reason is that the kids in MHA are treated like stupid kids and they act like stupid kids. "Teen" western superheros talk and act like adults, so they aren't interesting.

Then both of you are retards

It wasn’t all that good and the new characters had crummy designs.

Well yeah I imagine it's fine if you just want to see the same cliches with new characters instead of old ones

Did they demote Flash and Cyborg into teenage heroes? This is kinda depressing.

why do you like to read garbage?

Titans Academy was trash.

When you have the Titans consider killing their own students, you're either trying to do some character assasination or don't know the franchise you're writing.

There are Titans characters who might consider killing kids, but none of them were in the book and to have Raven of all characters suggest killing students based on what they might do, turns her into a hypocrite.

MHAbis better. Their teen female designs are way better and have more in common with 1980s Donna, Raven and Starfire costumes/looks.

Look at the new males and females of the Titan Academy. Not even close.

Because it didnt look like manga and has no anime.
If it looks like manga, people will buy it.

Because pic related wasn’t in it

Attached: 0A14E143-7C87-498B-9105-B1B464EA03BF.jpg (960x569, 334.43K)

None of the students seem interesting, and randomly putting a JK Rowling joke just shows where the priorities in the series lie. MHA has none of that shit, it's a straight up superhero story. Also, it's different in that being a hero is just a job, and most of the population has a superpower. In DC, it's a little funky, since I think heroes go from being endorsed to outlawed based on the writer.

Titans don't work as teachers or authority figures. Readers also just want to read about the classic Titans and not a much of new OCs.

So what’s Titans’ problem? Even a cliche can be executed well. Or was I supposed to clap at Red X?

Because it did everything wrong.

>Titans don't work as teachers or authority figures
This. The titans doesn't have any infrastructure like the justice league, they're a casual group of friends who just so happen to fight crime.
>was I supposed to clap at Red X?
Also this, the main impetus of this was who is Red X? A question that no one really cares about as Red X never really existed in the comics.

>new IP did old things well
>new version of old IP tried new things, and did not do it well
MHA bores me. Titans Academy I can look at in more depth

>Readers also just want to read about the classic Titans
nobody cares about the titans though. that's why they can't carry a book.

>that's why they can't carry a book.
That might be the dumbest thing itt because we can see that they objectively can and have.

The well was poisoned a long time ago.

I compare Hero Academia to the original X-Men run, in that the OG X-Men were a group of teenagers with hyper niche powers who had to learn to exploit those niche powers while also trying to live their lives as teenagers in a way regular readers can recognize.

The older Titans run was different in that it was more aspirational. The titans were trying to establish themselves as adults and lived in a mansion and were striking out to prove, essentially, that they could be adult heroes equal to the A listers they were attached to. Even in the animated series the key appeal is these were teenagers living on their own under their own rules

In this context you can't really have the Teen Titans as a rigid academy with mentors. The Teen Titans exist specifically to reject mentorship and learning.

You can look at TA any way you want, be it self contained or part of a long history, it’s still done poorly. At least with MHA there’s genuine entertainment and arguable character progression

Red X was a convoluted mess in comics. There were four, even though the story only implied three existed until the last issue, when we found out Red X 3 was dead.

Red X 1- Dick

Red X 2- unknown, he is the mastermind behind Red X 4 and apparently has an axe to grind against Dick(Revived Grant Wilson?)

Red X 3- Unknown and allegedly dead.

Red X 4- Brick, lieterally who, got manipulated and killed by Red X 2
Titans can carry a book, assuming the writing is competent. The franchise hasn't had semi competent writing since Wolfman and he made a bunch of sketchy decisions.

Were any of their known Rogues Gallery used in this run?
Blackfire? Deathstroke? Trigon? The Hive? Brother Blood? Fearsome Five? Psimon?

Why didn’t they bring other known villains from the cartoon like Mother Mae-Eye or Control Freak?

Even old school baddies like Mad Mod or Ding Dong Daddy?

Did this run have good villains besides Red X?

Psimon got killed off by Red X 4...knowing him it might've been an elaborate illusion.

None of their rogue gallery was used.

Without being attached to the Titans name, TA would be simply an average superhero school comic with a mystery hook. Being a poor use of the IP sank it lower. MHA has far less risk and less experimentation.

It was almost intentionally setup to fail being so heavily tied into another dud, that being future state which actually spoiled teen titans academy before it even began.

The general idea of a "superhero academy" doesn't really work in Big 2 cape comics because by their nature kid and teen heroes are comparatively rare and generally speaking there is very little stopping supervillains from teaming up to attack such schools if they learn about them. Even X-Men, THE American comic book about a school for superheroes, tends to have its actual student body either very small or full of people who aren't superheroes. What makes MHA different is that the school is literally the government training pipeline for superpowered law enforcement agents and the only way for a person with powers to legally be able to use their powers in public. But outside a worldbuilding and setting level, TA was trash.

>The general idea of a "superhero academy" doesn't really work in Big 2 cape comics because by their nature kid and teen heroes are comparatively rare
Well that's not true at all though.

Well I can’t comment on risk but I do enjoy their exploration on hero society with government oversight and why it doesn’t work. All Might is great too but then again I like Boy Scouts like Cap or Supes