$4 per comic book

>$4 per comic book.
This is the reason people don't buy comic books anymore. People with sense don't mind shelling out $4 for a story, but when it's printed on poor quality paper, is filled with ads, and is only 1 in a 22 part event, people just go to the movies, or buy a video-game, etc. This is before we even get into politically charged storytelling, and hiring fans to edit & write comics. Or the fact it's more profitable for good artists to just do covers instead of interiors. People often to look to Japan for inspiration, but European comics outsell American comics by a massive margin.

Attached: 1635872409745.gif (498x498, 1.78M)

>babby discovers inflation

>Enter LCS, see a TPB i'm interested in
>Not a bad price, it seems
>Check online, see it selling for half the price on Amazon

>hiring fans to edit & write comics.

You know who doesn't hire fans. WWE.

And you can see how well that goes.

Attached: reading-manga.jpg (640x423, 37K)

>>Enter LCS, see a TPB i'm interested in
>>Not a bad price, it seems
>>Check online, see it selling for half the price on Amazon
>It arrives mangled shitty deliverers
>goes to back to LCS to pick it up
>LCS is closed

You did this.

>People with sense don't mind shelling out $4 for a story
Stories have endings. I'm not paying to be blue balled on lasting character development or to just have the events retconned by the next writer.

I like that in your scenario it’s delivered poorly. Cause you know Amazon has a great customer service team for problems, like this they’ll get you another one and refund you for damages and waiting.

Amazon shill detected.

midwit take. treat each run as its own entity

I tried to but all those characters I followed are fucking dead now because Didio and Johns didn't like then. There aren't any new runs because it was way more important that Barry and Hal get jerked off for another 20 years.

most comics have been $3.99 for 10 years, so now they're sacrificing to use cheaper paper material so that the price doesn't go up too much

Read.

Manga.

>charging money
>AND having advertisements
Why not just charge more and skip the advertising? It's been common knowledge for a long time that people will pay to avoid spam they have no interest in.

Already

Do

Then

Shut

The

Fuck

Up

No.

Because then they'd have to fire the ad sales department.

Agreed.
Western comics are such a bad value, content wise. For the same price of a couple comics a month, I could get a subscription to either Netflix, Hulu, Disney plus, etc.
Which is why I really don't understand why they haven't done the Shonen Jump type thing yet.

$4 is next to worthless right now anyway, grampa

Before or after shipping?

OP isn't talking about patreon comics.