Why is this being shilled so hard...

Why is this being shilled so hard? I was excited for it because I enjoy Zach from Oney plays and I enjoyed the pilot but the free episode adultswim put out wasnt very good. It wasnt bad, but I dont think I chuckled a single time watching it.
I see commercials for it pretty frequently and its advertised on the playstation home screen. Is it just popular because le funni internet man is working on it or is it actually a good show?

Attached: smiling-friends-3.jpg (1280x720, 86.13K)

This is probably another bait thread, but here goes.

The fact is, lots of people like it. That's why it's everywhere. They're advertising the hell out of it because it's the most notable thing coming out of Adult Swim for the time being. Most likely since it is probably one of the few projects that survived the recent Warner merger.

It was a tremendous hit for the network ratings-wise, and it's only gotten more popular since it was put on HBO Max. Adult Swim knows its a hit so they're pushing it hard.

It's pretty basic advertising principals.
Product is popular, the owners capitalize on it and want to share it to even more people, thus profiting.

people only liked it because of the names attatched to it. if you try to criticise the show you get responses that arent even normal responses when it comes to responding to criticism.
>it was fun though
>bro you just dont like zac bro
>this is clearly bait no one thinks this way
>youre not fun at parties huh

I will admit that the fanbase isn't good at taking criticism.
Considering a good majority of the OneyPlays and SleepyCast fanbase is unironically autistic, I see why they get so defensive about it. I don't even mean it as an insult. The fanbase literally is super autistic.

It's kind of a love-it or hate-it type of show, with people on either side of the fence getting very defensive about their own opinion of it.

The free episode they put out (the Halloween one, correct?), is a really different episode compared to the others. I'm really surprised they chose that one to release for free. Give a few of the others a try if you can. "Frowning Friends" is my personal favorite, and "Mr. Frog" is the worst one imo.

>God I hate this show so fucking much!
>I need to make another thread that will attract people who like it to defend it! FUCK I HATE THIS SHIT
>WHY ARE THESE THREADS SHIT?

Understandable, I don't know who zach or oney really are, never watched their content, but smiling friends just works for me, I feel like it gets much better after the first episode.

Id only seen two episodes, I wanted some opinions. Im not shitting on anything or anybody.

Yeah, it was the Halloween one with the black face forest demon. Maybe I'll do a HBO free trial and check out the others.

I only hope zach still has time for oneyplays now that he's got a big hit on his hands.

>Why is something that is well-received and getting a lot of views being shilled by the people who invested in it and the people who watched it?
I dunno what kind of answer you're actually expecting here OP, but I sense your only true intention is to gain validation on your lack of interest in the show.

Attached: 1506836357680.jpg (3264x2448, 1.29M)

I had absolutely no idea who the creators were but still enjoyed it. The show is simply relatable for a specific type of audience, the kind that uses Any Forums. A show that hits the right notes with you personally can pass by being merely competent in other ways which is why it looks mediocre to those who can't relate.

I have never watched Oniyplays or any of the shitty ecelbs that make this up but I enjoy Smiling Friends. I still will not watch the ecelebs.

Attached: giga.jpg (1242x1394, 91.71K)

" I enjoyed the pilot but the free episode adultswim put out wasnt very good
theres your problem. The free episode put out is intentionally not meant to be funny throughout. Its meant to be a horror short that all leads up to a single punchline, the blackface and ripping a guy apart in high detail joke.
If you liked the pilot watch the other episodes because they are as consistently funny as the pilot.
Its popular because its original and a pretty good show, idk why they chose to upload that one episode for free as it is an outliar, but it works well within the series as a whole.

>waaaaaaaaahhhhh, shills!

Is there a more pathetic non-argument?

>I see commercials for it pretty frequently and its advertised on the playstation home screen.

Oh, so this is a nothing post then.

Too bad bro you're missing out, Oneyplays at its best is like a thousand times funnier than Smiling Friends.

Have you ever considered that it's more likely that people like things and talk about things they like more often than people actively shill?

It's fun.

The creators are racist Any Forumscels so you’ve got a bunch of people from Any Forums shilling it to death. The same thing happened with Sam Hyde’s adult swim show.

>racist Any Forumscels
Can I get an example or is this a case of "THEY DIDN'T SUCK BLACK DICK IN BLACK HISTORY MONTH REEEEE"

It's a psy-op. The show is shit, I'd unironically rather watch Birdgirl and Rick & Morty.

They hang around with chris from oney plays who unabashedly says nigger and faggot for "humor"

Oh so their friend is just someone with 2000's humor? Thought they were actually nothzees and not just friends with a cringelord.

Nah, Zach Hadel leans left as far as I can tell. Not sure about that Michael Cusack fella though.

SO...they are not racist then? Just teenage-humored? Possibly immature?

Yeah. The creators themselves have never done anything overtly racist to my knowledge. Personally I rather like smiling friends.

>people only liked it because of the names attatched to it
This