Mid 2000's western-made...

>mid 2000's western-made, somewhat anime-stylized slice of life(ish) cartoon about a musical duo from Japan based off of an actual band (of moderate popularity I'm led to believe?)
I don't know if its weirder that somebody managed to successfully pitch it to CN, or that it actually worked out well enough.

Attached: MV5BZDcyMjQwZGItZTcwZC00ZjUwLTk1MTctZGIyMzM0MDdiNTczXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM0NTUzNDIy._V1_.jpg (1423x1080, 291.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUI5Sj8osI65k_KEoGwIzzREEuJjOitXA
youtube.com/watch?v=uBVWCXWSOKs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that this was the final episode that ever aired in the US

Attached: Vlcsnap-2014-03-01-21h49m54s113.png (640x480, 264.74K)

IIRC Sam Register heard one of their songs on public access radio one day and fell in love with them. He called their manager and worked out a deal for them to do the theme song for Teen Titans. He was also the executive producer for Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi.

Basically Puffy's involvement with Cartoon Network was entirely due to Sam Register.

A lot of viewers knew them from the Teen Titans intro, and that itself was already anime inspired. Why not continue the Japanese interest?

In retrospect it’s a bit weird to remember how they advertised this in the US as a show about the band who made the Teen Titans theme song.

But why do they seem to be a 1960s mod-fashion girl and a 1980s late-punk girl?

It's like '60s mod vs. rocker but the rocker isn't distinctive enough compared to modern casual fashion so they changed it to something more obvious.

but why 1960s British fashion at all?

What happened to this show? IIRC the show was very popular, and CN aired this on the daily like it was their Spongebob, but then come Season 3, and they stop caring. Not even every episode of S3 was released in America.

The 2000s were unique.

Hot.

Dude you obviously don't remember the mid 2000s. There was this weird retro revival of 1960s culture briefly. So the white boots and dress didn't look too out of place.

The 1980s punk girl by contrast would of been considered goth back then so yeah also not too out of place.

The mid 2000s anime boom was wild, while anime is still more or less mainstream in the present, or at least not regarded as kiddy shit. Nothing was like the amount of dubbed anime, or anime-esque shows created during that time. I miss it, Any Forums.

How come Season 3 didn't fully air in the US?

Don’t know why but I sorta always attributed this era being the sorta last bit of the Japanese economic bubble effects on the world even though it probably wasn’t the case.

Wasn't the band already considered has-beens in Japan by the 2000s?

Even Teen Titans played with some 60's influence, and the 60's look was just visual shorthand for a happy bubbly girl

Well they needed to make something to jump on anime-kawaii trend without actually making an anime quality show.

Just a reminder that story boarders of this show shipped these two, they even drew a picture of it if o can fins it I'll post it here.

They did that already. Although they never tried it again.

Attached: B321B8A5-512A-4310-9537-D21CC681E1B6.jpg (500x374, 61.07K)

They're actually just Puffy in Japan different overseas cuz of the rapper but yeah weird Cartoon Network give em a show when they weren't that popular anymore in Japan lul cuz they popular in late 90's but yeah they're story kinda odd like how PaRappa the Rapper artist drew lot of their art for albums or how Yumi was married to T.M. Revolution who done shit ton of anime ops but she affair against him and they divorce also Yumi married to singer of Glay and like I guess Puffy didn't like cartoon and their personalities are other way around and they didn't even voice them selves in Japanese versions, whole story wild they also had talk show interviewing celebrities some of them are US/UK the show called papapapa Puffy lul I remember looking into it and finding all this out, they still make music and still look about the same I guess cuz Japanese.

They where popular enough in the 90's to be in tons of ads.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUI5Sj8osI65k_KEoGwIzzREEuJjOitXA

Puffy music very 60's vibe, I mean most their tracks sound like riffs from the Beatles, if they aren't doing ska.

Imagine what the cartoon be like if it used Greenblat artstyle. youtube.com/watch?v=uBVWCXWSOKs

Attached: puffy.jpg (1280x1591, 629.9K)

Those outfits are amazing

At least they weren't idols.