So is Yeardley Smith essentially the luckiest person in the VA industry?

So is Yeardley Smith essentially the luckiest person in the VA industry?

Attached: yeardley smith.jpg (1280x720, 103.18K)

Context?

She's a talentless cunt who only does 1 voice but gets paid the same as people who do 10, plus that salary is insanely high

One thing I've learned is that the laziest and worst worker is still valued more than others if they've been with the company the longest.

The Simpsons VAs are weird, I wouldn't describe them as lucky given that what little we know about them is scientology cult related stuff. Also they've been on the same show for years now

The six main Simpsons VAs(Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria and Harry Shearer) get paid about $300,000 per episode.
The only character Yeardley Smith voices on a regular basis is Lisa.

So being a zoomer and think about it on your own.
It's strange because she had a promising VA career in the early 90s but decided to devote everything to doing the Lisa role.

The real question is who is more lucky, her or Kavner.

>The real question is who is more lucky, her or Kavner.
Kavner's throat is ruined from voicing Marge for more than 30 years, definitely Smith.

Why don't they just give her more characters? Doesn't she have enough range?

I think doing what likely amounts to 15-20 hours of work a week or less to get paid in the millions is lucky.

Dunno, but her normal voice is pretty similar to Lisa. Plus adding new characters just for the sake of it is silly.

I think they tried letting her voice incidental students in the early seasons but outside of any Simpson-Family/Lisa related characters the only one I can remember is Grandma Flanders and that was just 1 line.

watch Ginger Ale Afternoon. thank me later.

>Kavner
>lucky
She has absolutely brutalized her vocal cords from 3+ decades of playing Marge, sure she made a lot of money doing it but there's going to be nothing left in her throat to decay by the time she passes away.

God I want Harry Shearer to just commit to leaving already so the show can die

Dan and Hank actually had careers once upon a time but an easy check is an easy check

Hank still does, he was in a good live action show, not sure it it's still on or not

>I think doing what likely amounts to 15-20 hours of work a week or less to get paid in the millions is lucky.

I mean, I would too if they weren't associated with a cult infamous for eating up that money, among other things.

It takes effort and talent to do Marge's voice right. Lisa's voice is literally Smith's voice.

She doesn't even do a voice, that's just how she fucking sounds. Watch Maximum Overdrive.

she used to do Lisa on a higher register than her normal voice but eventually got lazy and stopped doing that