I feel like CC Beck is a fantastic artist who unfortunately is largely forgotten these days

I feel like CC Beck is a fantastic artist who unfortunately is largely forgotten these days.

Attached: lf.jpg (3000x2218, 2.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

hoganmag.com/blog/an-interview-with-c-c-beck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's great, and the stories I've read by him and Binder are fun, BUT I CAN'T FUCKING FIND DECENT SCANS OF THE FUCKING THING.

Attached: shazam.jpg (2021x2930, 1.52M)

I think this might be the problem. No worthy, easily assessable versions

Remember when they cancelled Monster Society of Evil because of Steamboat? That's annoying and was actually the final straw for me to get banned in a comic server I was in

Attached: file.png (355x500, 347.72K)

>Remember when they cancelled Monster Society of Evil because of Steamboat?
I know you're talking about a collection getting nixed but I can't stop imagining #SivanaIsOverParty trending on twitter and it's cracking me up.

Attached: 03ccbeck1.gif (350x413, 11.07K)

Not as well remembered, Beck's Fatman the Human Flying Saucer!

Attached: Fatman_pinup.jpg (250x348, 29.07K)

Fuck them.

Attached: fatman2b.jpg (500x500, 187.57K)

Steamboat was an okay guy. In one story, all Captain Marvel wanted was to spend a day fishing with him.

There was way more than just Steamboat

DC should just make the final chapter public domain and let the PD people reprint it so that DC themselves don't have to worry about getting called out on Twitter

The closest are the public domain scans, but they really vary in quality; some are pretty good, others are going off of lower-condition comics, and others are microfiche which are low quality now but they were made in the old days when scanning wasn't an option. Plus it was discovered only part of the Fawcett run was public domain, and not all of it

It's really hard because people are all trying to CGC slab the best-conditioned ones, and DC doesn't seem to be in any hurry to reprint the rest of it

Attached: lf (1).jpg (712x600, 180.69K)

So unjust, considering how many mediocre comics are easily a available in great shape.

It ain’t like his comics get reprinted enough for people to buy.

What a totally convincing disguise Sivana came up with!

Attached: 2845205_600.jpg (446x425, 75.95K)

hoganmag.com/blog/an-interview-with-c-c-beck

If I was making a Shazam movie, I’d say “fuck political correctness” and have Steamboat as a character. I’d hire Kevin Hart or Chris Rock.

He was more talented than Kirby albeit far less prolific

How would you draw Billy Batson and Captain Marvel having an argument?

Attached: 2630691_2000.jpg (962x412, 144.55K)

I said the same thing about Jack Cole and Will Eisner, though the latter is probably obvious.
This is great.
Makes me all the more angry that I can't read almost any of it.