Suicide prevention is not heroic. There is no logical reason why anybody should stop them

Suicide prevention is not heroic. There is no logical reason why anybody should stop them.

Attached: Let them jump.jpg (1866x1691, 696.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/J4J-Fuo0vLE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So what's stopping you from killing yourself, OP?

Attached: Batman Arkham Knight.jpg (970x546, 131.39K)

Diving off a skyscraper is a bad deal for everyone on the sidewalk in a city as busy as Metropolis.

Yes yes user we're all very impressed by how edgy and cool you are

I already have

in my country is against the law killing yourself and your family get fined for it

are you gonna start shitting up the board by spamming this thread, OP? because that's the feeling I'm getting from this.

Attached: 1583860412733.jpg (681x496, 38.64K)

This makes me think of an interesting thought experiment.

Say, what would happen if all those people decided to jump anyway? Would Batman/Superman swoop in to save them? Something tells me that would be seen as heroic.

Ok then, now let's imagine a telepath like Charles Xavier or Jean Grey uses their power to wipe a person's suicidal thoughts away. Something tells me that would be seen as creepy and controlling.

But in essense, how would one be different from another? They're both forcefully preventing a person from committing suicide in both cases.

Attached: 1445695675422.jpg (600x602, 31.96K)

Superman told this woman that if she wanted to jump if she felt that she would never be happy again that he would respect her wish and not stop her.

Attached: Superman-701-Suicide-2.jpg (673x1023, 98.13K)

youtu.be/J4J-Fuo0vLE

Deadpool should fuck the girl, Bats should let the nigger die.

But it's illegal and super heroes stop criminals from doing crimes.

A lot of these depend on the jumper in question actually hesitating to do it, which opens up a lot of room to talk them down from it.

But man, the one real life instance of this I saw, dude didn't even hesitate. He just stopped, got out of his car, and threw himself off the bridge we were on. He was already gone by the time all the other drivers registered what just happened.

Was it the Golden Gate Bridge?
Heard they're putting in nets to stop jumpers because so many people take the leap.

Nah, it was just some shitty no-name bridge in the south.

No. Being suicidal is a symptom of a mental disease. A healthy organism does not want to end its existence. Depression and similar disorders are diseases as well. A suicidal person is sick and in need of medical assistance, in this case usually of a psychiatrist and a therapist. It is amoral to just let them die, just like it's amoral to ignore someone with, I dunno, a heart condition getting an attack. Both are caused by diseases and can result in death.

The only situations when this is debatable is when a suicidal person is suffering without hope for improvement, for example from a terminal disease, or when their life situation is so utterly fucked up that they're completely screwed no matter what they do (from an objective point of view, not their own, which is most likely biased by depression and faulty cognitive processes)

Would Batman even be able to save someone who jumped? It's not like he can fall faster than them.

100% of the people who jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge and survived have said they instantly regretted it.

>128952710
Then why don't you follow her example and kys, OP? At least that way we would be free from your spam.

I'm not sure how you are confuse by mental manipulation being worse than physicals manipulation.

Dealing with suicide is an easy way to get brownie points without putting any effort in the writing. Only hacks use it as a plot device.

Especially in DC, where the afterlife is literally confirmed to be whatever you desire it to be

OP, are you a zombie, a skeleton or a dracula?

True, but this thread does make me want to see a book where some villain or antihero trolls potential jumpers or dares them to do it.