Superheroes raised 4 entire generations on black and white morality...

Superheroes raised 4 entire generations on black and white morality, pretentious moralizing and American style anti intellectualism.

What do we about it? Can this damage to culture be undone?

Attached: 1641479847775.jpg (1023x1598, 532.75K)

>implying your anti-social views on traditional families and values is not the damage of which you speak

Okay I'm bored, so I'll bite the bait.
>Superheroes raised 4 entire generations on black and white morality
This is not only implying that superheroes have that far of a reach, but that it was sustained over 4 generations. Comics were nerd shit and very uncool up until the 90s or 2000s, depending on who you ask. Until then the morality plays people bought into were from movies or their pastor.
>pretentious moralizing
Can you be more specific? If you're referring to instances where they address specific real world issues with simplistic solutions or as an author's way to vent, then yes, I'd agree. If you're speaking of instances where the message is a very general "be a good person, judge others by their actions, don't kill because you have no right to be judge jury and executioner", that's a pretty widespread bunch of morals in the west. Or was, at least.
>and American style anti intellectualism.
Which is why so many smart people emigrated to the US and continue to do so, they just want to suffer under anti intellectuals.
>What do we about it? Can this damage to culture be undone?
I don't know Hitler, you'd have to start controlling free speech... Sorry, I meant filter out dangerous ideas that may harm the nation.

Attached: smellydumbtouristscum.png (558x583, 233.81K)

Bump

>Superheroes raised 4 entire generations on black and white morality
Who did what now?

Attached: no kill thing.png (710x1163, 258.6K)

Attached: Eagly.png (729x655, 612.43K)

Oh its this thread again.

Attached: Captain America.png (555x310, 175.16K)

The only damage to culture happened when people started to do the opposite of black and white morality because they wanted to try to push people around, write bad comic books, and-or were apathetic edgelords.

Attached: 1644566991901.png (1026x1258, 1.43M)

This.

No, you move.

There's a lot of moral grey and nuance in the world

>Puritans and other criminal scum
>smart people

Attached: 05.jpg (570x389, 68.71K)

The only moral grey and nuance I've been able to find is: everyone's ignorant. Or everyone's an asshole. Or everyone's trying to not die, fuck morality. It gets tiresome.

Did Watchmen teach you people nothing?
The narrative of Watchmen blatantly puts forth a sequence of events where everyone and nobody is in the absolute right. It very clearly rips the juvenile superhero mentality, as depicted by Rorschach's rigid black/white dual world view, to shreds because real world is more nuanced. There is a lot of grey and complicated things and even bad people might not be entirely horrible, and the good people might in fact be violent, mentally unhinged people who can only function by putting on a mask and maim people they deem to be "bad" through a very flawed, imperfect and biased ridden moral code. You know, like how Rorschach brutally murders a child killer but has him want to defend and make excuses fir an attempted rapist because his daddy issues make him idolize the Comedian.

Your inherent need to find a definite side onto which plant your flag and stand your ground on due to "likability" shows what a sheep you are.

>Superheroes raised 4 entire generations on black and white morality, pretentious moralizing and American style anti intellectualism.
>What do we about it? Can this damage to culture be undone?

Attached: 1621401972074.png (1000x1000, 37.48K)

I prefer
>9 out of 10 people
instead of "everyone."

You didn't even read my comment, did you?

>USA
>culture
>ever

USA's culture is enjoying Euro saltiness.

If you're going to be morally grey, it's better to just not have morality (Deadpool) or be openly hypocritical (Rorschach). You either make a code and follow it or be mad. Or a villain.

Attached: 1644902435612.jpg (800x535, 135.54K)

I've had salmiak and it assuredly is not.

America was founded by self-righteous moralist psychos kicked out of England for being too puritanical. It IS our culture, and this has been apparent since long before the hays code