Did one of the regular show writers know him personally?

Did one of the regular show writers know him personally?
Seems weird they’d write such an obscure guy into the show.
The average Zoomer viewer at the time probably never heard of him. They must have if they wrote him with that personality.

Attached: A10EBD5F-BBC5-4220-9473-830D991B9D1E.png (680x793, 386.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XbHBvnst8PA
youtu.be/EPN1GcLPG4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Obscure
He had whole ass documentary, most people into retro games know him
>The average Zoomer viewer at the time probably never heard of him
They clearly didn't care if kids got their references look at everything else reference most kids won't get em.

What this user said Quintel was a fan of the documentary.

>obscure
cmon, the man was in Pixels.

Dude was the face of arcade gaming in the 10's. Regular Show arguably had more obscure references

>The average Zoomer viewer at the time probably never heard of him.
It used to be extremely common for cartoons to make outdated references. Unless they played it super straight, it was usually funny and/or entertaining regardless of if kids understood it. Nobody knew Peter Lorre in the 90's but, at least in my household, we all found it really funny when there was a caricature of him in a cartoon.

Johnny Bravo might be king of this at least with CN shows and show still works and funny.

Who is he? American hot sauce businessman Metallica?

Party Pete was modeled after Günther, which is arguably a much more obscure reference. They did it for themselves.

>Günther
OOOOOH YOU TOUCH MY TRALALA

youtube.com/watch?v=XbHBvnst8PA

> Peter Lorre

100x this. I didn't watch a single film starring Peter Lorre until I was at least 10 years old (Maltese Falcon), but I'd seen him constantly on Looney Tunes reruns ever since I can remember.

MMMMMM MY DING DING DONG

>Seems weird they’d write such an obscure guy into the show.
Yeah it really seems weird like Regular Show is filled with obscure stuff like... 80s references, yeah

Didn't Billy mitchel tried to sue cartoon network for this but lost the case

yes. I think the judge's reasoning was that it counts as parody because he's just a head with legs and because he "explodes into goo", making it fantasy.

I didn't know who he was as a kid and I didn't question it. It was perfectly par for the course for RS.

In-jokes and obscure geeky references are extremely common in animation. You only catch them if you know what’s up. You happened to know this specific reference in regular show so it was a fun in-joke for you, but all the references you didn’t catch didn’t take away from your enjoyment of the rest of this show (or any other)

Ever see the ads for the Patrick Starr Show? They're still making Peter Lorre caricatures.

Did you know that 14 year old kids killscreened Pac-Man on one life with over 3 million points in 1982
youtu.be/EPN1GcLPG4s

It's almost like Billy Mitchell doing it in 1999 was not such a great feat after all.

Attached: 1656545410.png (915x2001, 1.41M)

Who is he supposed to be a parody of? I dont give two shits about retro gaymen

donkey kong world record holder who actually cheated

oh and he still holds the world record anyway because when Guiness tried to revoke the record when people found out he was cheating Billy sued them and they bent the knee.

He's a very litigious man.