Probably the worst punch in movie history

Probably the worst punch in movie history.

Attached: America Chavez.gif (600x276, 754.32K)

Probably the worst page in comic history

Attached: 761B1CDF-E028-452A-9FA1-9BA3E99E38FB.jpg (1940x1376, 537.17K)

It looks like an editing mistake from a cheap Kung fu movie from the 70s

nah, where's that one from a more recent comic where the main girl just exposits shit about herself no one cares about for like a full page?

Can someone explain to me why since about 2016, movie effects have gotten so lazy and cheap looking? The first time I really noticed it were the awful effects in 2016 Ghostbusters, Deadpool, and Dr. Strange

>tfw japan understands american heroes better than 2022 americans

Attached: manga vs comics.jpg (1029x986, 283.13K)

Attached: 1nox7mat7l781.jpg (575x615, 28.3K)

It's funny because both those characters are the exact same level of dumb Mary Sue no one asked for

I just don't understand how America Sanchez is a thing. She has no stories people love, her origin is a mess, her team dynamic is all over the place, her powers are generic, her costume is baby's first superhero... why the fuck is this character still around instead of being pushed into obscurity like a Youngblood extra?

>She has no stories people love
She has Young Avengers I guess. But that story was barely even about her.

except one is an insufferable sociopathic author-insert that won't go away and the other was cute, likable, actually heroic, and didn't overstay her welcome

>I just don't understand how America Sanchez is a thing.
politics. Needed to check that diversity quota.

US comics are basically a giant scam where 5,000 twitter checkmarks eat up shit nobody else cares about. They artificially create a few thousand more sales by dumping the comics on stores that don't want them. The only reason the model works is because Disney/AT&T don't let them just die

It's literally a phantom industry, a market with no relevant consumer base. Really fascinating to watch what has happened to US comics since about 2014

well before the Any Forums autists come in, I mean Marvel/DC comics. The non-superhero children ones by scholastic and shit seem to sell well.

>politics. Needed to check that diversity quota.

Yeah, but, like... there are BETTER Hispanic Girl characters! Fuck man, White Tiger at least has a quick and easy origin to understand. Arana is great. America Chavez is just a trainwreck.

>movie effects have gotten so lazy and cheap looking?
Because the philosophy of these filmmakers and studios is 'on time and under budget' not necessarily 'good looking.'

>#1 hero in the US
>dumb Mary Sue
come on now you know that's basically a requirement

>US comics are basically a giant scam where 5,000 twitter checkmarks eat up shit nobody else cares about. They artificially create a few thousand more sales by dumping the comics on stores that don't want them.

As opposed to how it used to be, when it was shit like variant covers for speculators and fanboy whales?

If I follow wiki correctly, her origin is that she's from a Utopia dimension where there was a godlike being that just gave people superpowers due to proximity, and her parents died saving their world from uninteresting shit so now she wants to be a hero too.

Is that it? Am I missing anything?

Yeah that's not her origin anymore. She's a lab grown superpowered child out of dozens

...That's actually a slight improvement, which is fucking amazing because "lab grown superhero" is a pretty shitty origin.

Why couldn't they put her in some tight ass daisy dukes?