I’m confused. Does Roy Harper just not give a shit about Jason Todd? Did he unironically...

I’m confused. Does Roy Harper just not give a shit about Jason Todd? Did he unironically, canonically forget about his stint as an Outlaw and being Jason’s best friend? Why is DC trying to use Teen Titans Academy to make everything Titans-related since like the 80s canon again despite it breaking still-canon New 52 and Rebirth storylines? Where does Red X fit into the timeline? Why is DC doing this retarded “everything/nothing is canon until stated otherwise” thing?

Attached: 97B96209-9CA8-44B0-995C-05A180CE6871.jpg (1920x1080, 342.42K)

Lobdell left DC and no one wants to do anything with Jason for some reason.

>Why is DC doing this retarded “everything/nothing is canon until stated otherwise” thing?
They want to appease everyone. But end up appeasing no one.

Roy was friends with the Titans characters for decades before even giving a shit about Jason.

I mean, he’s in Task Force Z, which is an alright book, but I’d really rather have him be either an Outlaw or a Titan, even just a Red Hood/Nightwing, Red Hood/Arsenal, or Red Hood/Artemis duo book would be nice. It’s just weird to me that Arsenal comes back from the grave and doesn’t even try to find out what happened to Jason. Sure, it can be assumed that Dick told him the details, but wouldn’t he try to help Jason out of his situation with the Task Force?
Yeah, right up until they rebooted in 2011 and changed both characters’ pasts, and then decided to backpedal on that, which royally fucked up continuities for multiple entire sets of characters.

I mean they'd already pretty much forgotten about each other by Rebirth. Its kind of a shame because when Roy Jason teamup was originally announced I was looking forward to it, but ended up hating Lobdell's Roy.

I really don’t understand why Roy can’t just be both Dick’s friend and Jason’s friend. Is there some law against somebody being friends with two brothers? Why does he have to pick just one? I guess you’re right that they didn’t interact much in Rebirth, but Roy does come in and save Jason from Batman when he’s kicking the shit out of him after his failed Penguin assassination attempt, and then Bruce comes and informs Jason that Roy has died, which I like to believe only escalated Jason’s relapse into killing, and New 52 Arsenal teams up with Rebirth Red Hood in the final arc of RHATO Rebirth, which was cool. I understand in-universe why the two aren’t ABLE to meet up right now, I just don’t get why Roy is apparently completely unconcerned about Jason. Jason probably doesn’t know Roy is back, so I get that too.

Are they ever going to acknowledge Bizarro killing Trigon and becoming the ruler of his Hell? Will Artemis and Jason ever team up again, or is she doomed to be a side character in Wonder Woman-adjacent books like she was in the 90s?

>Are they ever going to acknowledge Bizarro killing Trigon and becoming the ruler of his Hell?
I highly doubt so.

Also, that's retarded and should be ignored along with most of Lobdell's shit.

Yeah, Lobdell was basically writing his own little DC canon for a while. All of his books would be ignored by other writers.
Remember when Killer Croc was Roy's AA sponsor? Only Lobdell did.

Again, it made sense for him to do that since it was a reboot and anything goes in a reboot as long as editorial is cool with it. Rob and the fans got shafted when Dan Dildo decided to panic and backpedal on the reboot.

Let me guess, you think Red Hood should stay an angry wannabe Punisher who’s constantly at odds with his family and has no friends? I’ll never understand people who see one version of a character, decide it’s the perfect definitive version, and that character should never be changed from that ever again. Red Hood’s portrayal in Under the Hood is logical as an early part of his character arc but by and large is not a good interpretation of the character to latch onto forever and ever. Characters need to be allowed to develop and have arcs.

>Characters need to be allowed to develop and have arcs
you know this is capeshit right? It just goes on and on in a circle. Jason will always loop back into being an edgelord then realize that being an edgelord is not the way, Bruce will keep going through "sorry I was an asshole and I know you guys cares about me like a I care about you" thing, Dick will keep fucking whichever hot chick for the last time because he's committed to someone else until he does it again, etc. Time is a flat circle

Attached: 1622003562982.jpg (1020x1600, 431.03K)

Characters should have arcs, just not retarded ones where they become king of hell or get magic swords or whatever other shit Lobdell pulled out his ass.

Lobdell was the last good DC writer

Jason and Roy being besties was a mistake, and it’s one of the reasons why Jason has been Red Nightwing for the last 10 years.

This but unironically
Red Nightwing absolutely mogs the hell out of Red Punisher. I agree it was maybe not the best decision to make Roy Jason’s best friend, it would’ve been cooler if it was Mia, and if I could choose my own lineup for an Outlaws reboot I’d make it Red Hood, Speedy (Mia Dearden), Artemis, Blackfire, Bizarro, Yellow Lantern (Jessica Cruz), and Creeper.

user you are spitting in the wind, every fucking year a new set of people watch Under the Red Hood and start spouting bullshit about Jason bringing up a good point about Batman not killing and talking about how sick putting Red Hood in a live action movie would be with Hush.

The absolute state of us DCfags. Are things so dire we have people unironically saying Lobdell is good?

He wrote the best Red Hood. Winick can blow me.