Was it ever explained why Peter lost his organic web shooters?

Was it ever explained why Peter lost his organic web shooters?

Attached: Spectacular Spider-man v2 20-21.jpg (988x1531, 501.35K)

A shit idea better left forgotten

people stopped caring about raimishit synergy.

But in the BND era the writers tried to explain many of the changes after the deal with Mephisto, it's odd that THIS is the only thing that they refused to acknowledge

I think it was good old Mephisto. He got the organic webs in Millar's mini-run, then more Spider Powers after The Other that only came up like once and it was right before OMD. He lost all of them afterwards, but Kaine briefly got a similar powerset during Grim Hunt. I think minus organic webs.

Probably just forgot user
Shit idea anyway

Yeah pretty much the only retcon outside of the marriage not happening was pete losing his extra powers, though he did still die during the other I guess

Because it's gross? At least Wolverine's hot claws were also stupid.

Didn’t they later retcon it to being the result of the Other considering that when Kaine gained all of those powers it was when he had it?

Anya and Gwen and Silk and Kaine all have organic webs

Correct. When Peter was the Other, he had a big boost to all his stats across the board, was talking to spiders, had the power to just straight up resurrect himself, organic webs, etc. Straczynski was doing a lot of weird things right up to before OMD.

After the deal with Mephisto, Peter was no longer the Other and Kain became the new Other, getting the same power boosts that Peter had. Then the big spider-verse wrapped up all the totem stuff and the chosen ones lost their powerups.

Attached: jrDIz5l.png (810x503, 474.42K)

I dunno, I prefer organic web shooters. I figure that Spiderman should be, well, a Spider Man. If his most iconic power is actually just tech he'd be Iron Boy.

Kaine has them

>I figure that Spiderman should be, well, a Spider Man. If his most iconic power is actually just tech he'd be Iron Boy.
You've already outed yourself as a casual.

Opinion: void.

They're always in the last place you look for them.

He lost them after coming back to life in the last Spider-verse event.

I vaguely recall it being brought up that his mechanical web shooters allowed him more variety, but I could just be remembering fan speculation at the time.

>Was it ever explained why Peter lost his organic web shooters?
One of the OMD changes was that he never actually agreed to be the Other's bitch in exchange for a powerup and revive, instead just ending up near death and telling the Other to fuck off, so he never got them in the first place.

I think. It's been a while.

Why is Peter dressed like a slut in front of the Avengers and Shield?

>but webshooters make him look smarter

Attached: woopsie forget to refill again.jpg (301x424, 64.64K)

I honestly don’t know who’s more degenerate: webshooter fags or trunks fags.

Attached: 2B0B59A9-ABDC-4994-92C3-4A1BBF6808CB.jpg (600x450, 77.59K)