What's the cartoon equivalent to Akira?

What's the cartoon equivalent to Akira?

Attached: 1644583274260.png (1600x1062, 3.3M)

Norm of the North

Akira. Just because it's Japanese, doesn't mean it's not a cartoon. Also, there's no western animation even approaching its level of mastery and genius.

Heavy Metal?

>Heavy Metal
I guess kinda with the violence. Already seen it though.

Why do edge-babies think something is "art" when it takes place in a "dystopia" and ends with someone turning into a giant pimple and exploding?

not that user but that wasn't part of your off-topic post nor can we read minds. retard.

the thief and the cobbler

Rock and Rule.

Felidae

Attached: Felidae-film.jpg (780x1113, 107.93K)

Thief and the Cobbler just because of the amount of animation on 1s. Completely different stories tho

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
>Akira is now widely regarded as one of the greatest animated movies of all time and prompted an increase in popularity of anime movies in the US and, generally, outside Japan.
>The critical and commercial success of the film rekindled an interest in the Golden Age of American animation, and sparked the modern animation scene, as well as the Disney Renaissance.

I guess Snow White (1937) but its not really fair since Snow White is light years ahead of anything Japan has ever put out.

It's an exceptionally well made film, retard.

It's well-animated and has mature content but it's like 20% of the manga's story

Probably Thief & the Cobbler. Or MAYBE Klaus if you're feeling generous.

Roger Rabbit.

I haven't seen the movie but I just finished the manga and it sucked. An incoherent plot with a lot of build up and no satisfying payoff

There is none.

Watch the movie. it may be more your speed.

The edgy thing is to hate edgy things because being a straight edge is the new counter culture. Now stop being so edgy Edgy Edger McEdgerston!

The manga and film are neither comparable in plot or quality. There's a reason nobody talks about the manga.