The creator of Rescue Rangers is perfectly ok with the new film...

The creator of Rescue Rangers is perfectly ok with the new film, so why are you trying to gatekeep it when the original show wouldn't have even existed if this level of transformation of an existing property wasn't allowed?

Attached: tds.png (877x486, 71.32K)

I dont have a problem with taking the idea in a different direction, its just this is movie is a bad direction

>No Rescue Rangers
I'm not seeing the problem here, we'd all be better off.

>Thread pretend to be a response to someone that isn't here.
Are you just randomly obsessed with this product that you have no stake in, or are you a paid advertisement? I don't care, either way, I'm too old to watch this movie. That's why I don't make threads about it.

You do realize he'd be lambasted by the company for saying anything otherwise?

He has a point, but I think the bigger issue to a lot of people is that Rescue Rangers as a concept had a lot of potential on its own. A group of small adventurers that end up stopping schemes that effect both their world and humans has a lot going for it, like Great Mouse Detective.
But instead they went with yet another meta commentary where the actual commentary and jokes are lowest common denominator or obnoxiously ironic. The issue isn’t just “not muh”, it’s that the presented alternative isn’t that interesting.

Sometimes people have nostalgia for the blandest shit ever.
A lot of similar Disney shows of that time are pretty much like "How did these get so many fans?". Then I realize I know the answer, but it's not one related to their quality.

I am severely autistic so I hate change of all kind. It makes me scream, shit myself and start hitting my head.

Give me recent work he’s done for Disney

Pretty much this. The movie looks like John Mulaney and Seth Rogan doing meta commentary on old cartoons, where they slapped Rescue Rangers' skin over it. Its fine to take characters and do something new with them, in fact that's half the fun, but did we really need another "getting the band back together" reboot?

The only good potential out of this is that russian Gadget cult flipping their shit about new content.

The problem is that the content of the future Rescue Rangers movie is more in line with another character who would have something to do with the fight against crime. That bobcat is a comical, boring, but funny cop and surely he would be with Roger Rabbit and Mickey Mouse at the same time. If anyone remembers that cartoon from 1993.

Rescue Rangers would be great if that movie was about the whole team in which two worlds meet, the world of small animals that talk and have human personalities and the world of humans. I mean without Hollywood and Hollywood nonsense. Of course, if it could be given to real people who understand those materials and those characters.

This is more of a marketing ploy and attracting nostalgics who will repeat the same mistakes as Space Jam 2. And yes, I can imagine Chip and Dale without being Rescue Rangers, because I've watched a lot of classic shorts with them, but I don't like how much they hurt Donald, even when Donald isn't that much of an asshole. I despise it.

I don't have an inherent problem with the change, I just think the trailer looks like shit from both a plot and a visual perspective

I wonder if this was originally written as a Rescue Rangers sequel, but Disney couldn't get the rights to do a full movie, so The Lonely Island chose whatever IP that seemed to fit from what they remember of Disney's catalogue. Rescue Rangers is about a detective adventure team, so that worked for them. Plus, it was more popular than Bonkers, so Rescue Rangers drums up more hype (even if Bonkers would make WAY more sense in this instance.)

And by "Rescue Rangers sequel," I mean "Roger Rabbit." My apologies, I'm tired.

post the tooth clipping through chip's face

I disliked the trailer because it looked cheap and most of the jokes weren't funny.

>but I don't like how much they hurt Donald, even when Donald isn't that much of an asshole. I despise it.
You were bullied a lot, weren't you?

It's okay, mistakes happen. I agree, but instead of Rescue Rangers, they could have done either Darkwing Duck or Mickey/Donald/Goofy or something like that, because those characters would fit more into the given elements of that movie than Chip and Dale. But we'll see what happens in the end with that movie.

Well, there is a Darkwing reboot coming up (presumably by Seth Rogen's production company Point Grey Pictures), so I understand why they couldn't use DW. Since Seth Rogen is in this movie and a promo photo had "Darkwing reboot" in the background, if there will be an Easter Egg or a reference to it? Rumor on the street is that the new Darkwing will be "Anime-inspired," whatever that means.

SOME
TIMES
SOME
CRIMES

The problem is not Chip and Dale acting differently from the Rescue Rangers cartoon, is that this just looks like a low effort movie with nothing going on apart from "remember thing from your childhood?!" nostalgia bait