‘The Prince’ Canceled:

Why do all adult cartoons have to look like Family Guy when all the FG ripoffs are unpopular flops that get cancelled after one season?

>“The Prince is not moving forward,” HBO and HBO Max Chief Content Officer Casey Bloys confirmed to Deadline during an interview tied to TCA.

The move is not surprising. The Prince, a biting look at the British royals through the eyes of Prince George, the youngest heir to the throne (voiced by series creator Gary Janetti), has drawn criticism for satirizing the royal children and especially its take on 8-year-old Prince George, who is portrayed as entitled and conniving.

deadline.com/2022/02/the-prince-canceled-animated-british-royal-family-parody-hbo-max-george-gary-janetti-1234934706/

Attached: the-prince-hbo-max-series.jpg (620x383, 159.81K)

From the looks of this I can tell the brown girl is the straight man and everyone else is either a bumbling idiot or an asshole.

I dunno
Why are all adult cartoons sitcoms or comedies?
When will Americans transcend infantile humour and put actual effort in their works?
The French are way ahead of you in that department, if only their stuff got as much attention as the Japs do.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 58.34K)

>‘The Prince’ Canceled

Jolly good on ya, HBO.

>voiced by series creator
Oh that's a death sentence for any animated adult sitcom, or just for that "Animation" creator

Family Bloke if 'e British

Attached: smile darn ya smile.jpg (1920x1079, 163.8K)

Centaurworld and Inside Job are on the phone, apparently you've been talking shit?

Christ, all of those character designs are fucking awful. Prince Phillip might work purely as an illustration, but that's the nicest thing I can say about it.

>voiced by series creator
>Oh that's a death sentence for any animated adult sitcom
>Family Guy
>South Park
>King of the Hill
>Beavis and Butthead (not really a sitcom, but still)
>Rick and Morty
>American Dad

Attached: 1639434969052.jpg (572x621, 104.27K)

>Family Guy
Cancelled once.

>Rick and Morty
In a neverending state of Production Hell.

>American Dad
Had a good run, then got revived.

Oh yeah I remember this show because a lot of the people who worked on it called it out for how shit it was during production

>only brown person has the most toothless caricature
lol

Spitting Image did a better job at satirizing the Royal Family back in the '80s (as well as the era's politicians and celebrities).

So the point your trying to make is that it's not really a death sentence at all.

you forgot Aqua Teen, Robot Chicken and Metalocalypse

At the end of the day the only funny things about the House of Hanover are that they're rich and look weird, you can only go so far with those.

>why do so many of these ass ugly adult cartoons get greenlit?
it's yet another facet of clueless dipshit C-suite assfucks who make way more money than anyone with any actual talent or creativity deciding what gets to be made, and their perception is that this sort of shit on a canvas is what's popular and what will make them more money

The ones I listed were just off the top of my head, but yeah, I'd say show creators voicing their own characters are more of a norm in adult animation than a red flag of any kind.

Fair enough

Who was this even supposed to appeal to in the first place?

childless canadian women in their early to middle thirties

I would watch a cartoon making fun of British politics and the English royal family if it was animated in a funny way and was witty