Errr... Miko's dad has an asian surname?

Errr... Miko's dad has an asian surname?

Attached: Hugh Kubota.jpg (284x343, 26.14K)

>maternal grandma kubota
He joined his wife's family.

I knew someone who had an indian surname because her husband's dad was adopted by an indian family. So now there's a line of entirely white kids with an indian name.

that just means that he's the sub of the relationship

Neat.
I knew a 100% white guy with the last name Ching due to early parental remarriage.
Just a little step closer to that cyberpunk dissolution of cultural barriers.

Mama's in charge.

Attached: Glitch Techs S01E07 Collection Quest.mkv_snapshot_04.51_[2020.08.11_00.13.27].png (1920x1080, 1.37M)

I heard that Kubota is also a Czech surname.

It might be, but it's the mother's family in this case. Not that unusual if they think their family name is important.

Reminder to send letters to Nickelodeon and Netflix for renewing the show to the following addresses:

Ted Sarandos
Netflix, Inc.
100 Winchester Circle
Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA

Brian Robbins
Paramount Global
1515 Broadway
New York, NY 10036, USA

so he lets the family name he was born with die out?

Could you phrase the question in a less incel way?

Not him but...

Its good on this white man to willingly give up the his own father's surname to adopt his wife's father's surname in pride.

Asian dude marries white chick, their son marries another white chick. Do that a few more times and you'll get a white guy with an Asian surname. There's has to be at least one person where that's the case right?

It's also a Japanese thing (and to a lesser extent a thing in other places). Family registers don't really allow for blending families like westerners sometimes do in a few ways; the spouse gets absorbed into the other family. If a wife's family is more important, the husband might join them. If he's some white guy with
a worthless Western-style name and there's some elder in the back making a fuss, it wouldn't surprise me if this happened.

Definitely the case with Latinos. But I think that Asian features are still very prominent despite mixed Asian with Caucasian, even after a few gens.

Maybe if they lived in japan. But the show takes place in America.

So what? America doesn't have mandatory marriage practices, and Japanese families can be super obsessive about their family registers going back centuries.

It's not, weeb

Are you trying to make a point?

In that case, I've heard of cases of when a daughter of a japanese family marries to a foreigner, they are usually disowned by the family for the most part.

I think that's more about racism, but for legal purposes changing one's name changes what family you're in. At least that part wouldn't apply in the setting.