Why does nobody talk about The Batman anymore...

Why does nobody talk about The Batman anymore? I enjoyed it when it aired and I went back to watch some episodes and I think it still holds up.

Attached: 000000.jpg (1056x594, 89.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p4qLo_-OS8M
youtube.com/watch?v=9tGbWyTK8T8
blu-ray.com/movies/The-Batman-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/305443/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its good. The guitar riff is hilarious, the Dracula movie is fun.
Interesting take on Barbara and Ivy

it's solid to good. but no one rates it that highly. It's overshadowed by the DCAU, Teen Titans, the DC movie universe. Remember there's a shitton of it. Some stuff is going to get left behind.

I don't know why everybody hated the Joker in the show. As a kid I loved that shit

I honestly like the look of the first Batmobile in the show.

Attached: 8aadc510f0421958f364fe9a0717d166.png (740x369, 287.9K)

The theme song is very catchy. They even redid it in the later seasons and it sounds even better.
youtube.com/watch?v=p4qLo_-OS8M
youtube.com/watch?v=9tGbWyTK8T8

That show's take on the clock king was kino

It was a perfectly competent take that just didn't do enough to make it stand out among the billion+ perfectly competent takes on Batman. It's just too similar to btas in terms of tone and aesthetic, brave and the bold managed to remain relevant since it has a pretty clear identity outside the timmverse as 'l"the goofy and occasionally batshit insane silver age take."

I really liked the music of the show. I remember using the Batwave sound effect as my alarm.

On a related note, the Blu-ray is supposedly coming out next month.
blu-ray.com/movies/The-Batman-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/305443/

He wasn't Mark Hamill, even if the show did a classic crime clown joker people still would've bashed it for being a worse Hamill so instead the creators said screw it and made kung fu apeman joker.

>Why does nobody talk about The Batman anymore?

We literally had the exact same topic a day or so ago.

They did the Clock King? I don't remember him being one of the villians.

I think he's talking about the guy who could rewind time by 10 seconds, he wasn't the Clock Kimg though.

The Batman has a pretty clear distinction from BTAS by it's brighter, more high contrast palette and it's character designs, and by its generally more action-oriented narrative.

Who the hell calls him "The Batman"

Didn't see it.

>It's just too similar to btas in terms of tone and aesthetic
You don't remember The Batman that much. The tone and aesthetic are very different

This. I imagine a lot of people who claim it was "too similar" had already aged out of cartoons and at most saw tiny parts of it out of curiosity.

I liked the constant character development Bruce got.
He started off as the typical "I work alone" Batman but ended up being the one who tried to convince Superman that he should join the JLA

The show handled the Justice League really well. I liked what they did with all the other superheroes Bruce interacts with.

It was good. It just had the rotten luck of following The Animated Series which still had an ongoing continuity at the time in Justice League. WB didn't yet understand how dedicated fans could be and obviously just assumed an IP update would be treated as equal.