Who was the best villain?

Who was the best villain?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73.63K)

Shen>Tai Lung>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kai

Tai Lung.

He had that fallen angel vibe.

Tai Lung. His backstory was the most well executed and sympathetic one

Pre-rewrite Shen > Shen > Tai Lung > Kai
Kai had the potential to be the best as a wise old master that saw fit to interact in the universe as a destructive force/challenge opposite Oogway's constructive forces. KFP1 was already about the triumph of Daoism over Confucianism and KFP2 was already about Mastering yourself to master your enemies. KFP3 backpedals the moral of the first movie because their villain is that poorly written.

Lord Shen. I thought it was pretty cool how he tied into Po's backstory by burning his village down when he was just a baby. And he still tried to kill him before he died.

Attached: lord_shen.jpg (760x1052, 176.5K)

Reverse Tai Lung and Shen and you be accurate.

I liked Shen. You don't get that many bird villains but I also liked that he has the backstory of being scared of pandas because one will beat him, so he did a massacre.

>Pre-rewrite Shen > Shen
What's pre-rewrite Shen's story?

Shen, because they could've gone for the most boring trope of having each villain be more powerful than the last, but Shen is actually a worse kung fu fighter than the protagonist, yet he's winning the mental warfare through the trauma he inflicted on Po.

I liked Tai Lung as a menacing warrior with a good backstory, though he's probably the most pathetic of the villain defeats.

Kai was a let down, no matter how good JK Simmons is in the role, this character was written as a joke first, villain later. Great theme and design, really like his jade zombies, but all wasted on a character who the writter thinks is better as the butt of every joke.

They fucking wasted Kai in that movie, could've been a darker version of Oogway but instead we got a lame Tai Lung with spiritual powers.

Also they wasted JK Simmons with him too.

Attached: 1550793349455.jpg (1080x565, 46.39K)

KFP2 is just built different

Attached: kfp2_firework_cannons.jpg (1879x684, 163.27K)

Attached: kfp2_shen.jpg (1920x816, 1013.1K)

Attached: 9c4d3412d74453fee3e6fabe3ef7eafb.jpg (1920x816, 171.81K)

>Shen is actually a worse kung fu fighter than the protagonist
This is true, but I still love that he's competent enough to 2v1 two masters for a short time. Would have liked to see him go against one of the five

Attached: kung_fu_panda_2_lord_shen_2_by_giuseppedirosso_ddztifo-pre.jpg (1371x583, 89.76K)

Attached: d5ly4o5-a346ef11-ccc3-4cf1-8e25-8a59ac970780.jpg (1920x816, 1000.69K)

Attached: Shenkillaharbor.jpg (1920x816, 252.26K)

Instead of having a persecution complex and assuming his parents hated him, his parents literally did hate him for being an albino freak and just weren't good people in general.
The reason the wolf servants sided with Shen is because he was the only one in the royal family who was ever nice to any of them.

Was Jindiao based?

Attached: jindiao.jpg (1920x1080, 505.03K)

Bye eardrums
2 should have ended here, with shen's navy just sailing past as the good guys watch helplessly

Really? I thought that was actually what happened in the movie.

Cast off by his family due to being an ominous birth (he was sickly and his albinism/leucism was considered an ill omen so they deemed him unworthy of his birthright). He comes to weaponizing fireworks as part of his means of compensating for his physical shortcomings while on the warpath to reclaim the home he was denied by force. There was supposed to be more contrast between Po losing his family to tragedy and finding new family to Shen being tossed aside by a family that had everything and never growing beyond it.

Everyone just accepts that as the actual backstory, but the movie does go out of its way to say they loved him and were even so distraught to have to exile him for his genocide that they died of grief.

i didn't like Panda 2. At all