Is Mike Matei a good cartoonist?

Is Mike Matei a good cartoonist?

Attached: 0nqrJpbM5UbG8FY2cyVtW9YS4QqA9v4QzWOEGx_QzHg.jpg (616x944, 252.8K)

no

Eh, feels like Mike's read too many Johnny Ryan comics

If this came out 60 years ago it'd be a classic

If it was a published comic 20 years ago Noah Berlatsky would praise it in Comics Journal to be contrarian

I didn't know there was more than one of these, I only ever saw the bus one posted.

This, it just looks and reads like a diet Johnny Ryan comic.

Crumb already did that.

This. Matei has the makings of 90% of 60s underground cartoonists. He just needs to get a Fantagraphics deal and pretend it's lost content

Yes. Loco Bandito is a future cult classic of underground comix. Mike's other stuff is good too

Attached: T0T5ZBjk8kqfk1SWzvv1rsqM0UqmK9PDE1ui3trGGHI.jpg (460x722, 136.27K)

Reminder Mike Matei has a 13 inch dick

Attached: seQ6REm.jpg (1200x674, 392.53K)

Attached: mondo mike.jpg (1000x640, 148.56K)

Visually it's decent and he has some skill but the plotlines are just too vulgar and immature

He worked on Fantagraphics' book collection that collected the Mickey Mouse comic strips and there's a pic showing Mike surrounded by a bunch of comics, one of which was a Johnny Ryan comic

remember when he posted it on reddit?

He has the brain of a 14 yo

Isn't that one by Johnny Ryan?

It's fine but it isn't impressive. Part of the reason Crumb could get away with this sort of shit is because he was a preternaturally gifted artist. This just reads like a guy doing a fumbling tribute to the chaos of 70s comix

Sure. Both visually and content-wise this stuff is pretty similar amateur comic anthologies we got here in Norway back in the 90s and early 2000s when he drew this. Could've easily been published here.

The Loco Bandito is like if the average Any Forumstard decided to take up drawing and made a comic.

I didn't know Mike did comics.