How come all the worst...

How come all the worst, most badly written Superman stories are the ones that try to be deep and have an impactful message? And all the best ones are just fun, silly stories where he beats up giant robots and fights off magic curses?

Attached: Moder Superman vs Classic Superman.png (1124x572, 71.68K)

most writers read miricleman and thought it was pure and amazing as a superman story so they try to remake it

Powerwankers are incapable of telling good stories. Truly a shocker that surprises everyone involved, including the writer.

Attached: superfaggot's reason for liking superman.png (280x347, 158.65K)

>GOOFY SHIT GOOD
>SERIOUST SHIT BAD
>I AM FOREVER STUCK WITH A MINDSET OF A 13-YEAR OLD
I get it Any Forums, that's how you are, you are very special and unique. Can you stop proudly flauning your immaturity in every single cape thread you make?

Attached: dare i.jpg (350x338, 69.68K)

Apparently they never read the amazing book he wrote years later that went in the total opposite direction.

Attached: Supreme Classic.jpg (319x475, 60.76K)

The problem is capes are inherently fantastical and silly, so it's annoying when people try to frame them otherwise.

Red Son is great, and is a deep reflection about the cold war.

For the Man who has everything already proves you wrong

gets it. Morrison made this same point in Super Gods, and it underlies much of his comic work.

deep insecurity about being viewed as a child, and the resulting childish and embarrassing attempts at being "serious" and "mature", are the hallmarks of adolescence.

What if I'm just interested in stories beyond "Superman does cartoony thing to stop generic evil plot"? Is that not allowed for adults?

Funnily enough, Morrison has you covered there too.

Oh man, that's oddly heartwarming. You guys think I'm talking about the *good* serious Superman stories. The ones that still use the silly cosmic/fantasy elements in an actually subversive, fresh way. Stories that were still fun to read and actually had Superman going on some kind of adventure.

You Zoomers weren't there for Grounded and the New 52 run. Those things have mostly faded from memory, haven't they? If only you knew how bad it gets.

Attached: Superman_701.jpg (254x390, 20.03K)

Are you retarded?

Superman peaked in the 40s. Fuck this melodramatic shit he's been dealing with the past three decades.

Attached: RCO053_1642115437.jpg (1600x1163, 669.95K)

Attached: Action-Comics-1-New-52-Featured.jpg (1000x1000, 386.95K)

Of course he is. He is a zealot Superman fan after. Honestly don;t know how anyone can even bother reading his book after how War of the Superman concluded. Allowed the people to mastermind the destruction of New Krypton to get away scot-free. Granted Lex ultimately committed cosmic suicide due to his own autism.

you know it's possible to dislike Superman in general right?

>Zoomers weren't there for Grounded and the New 52 run
You're a literal child if you think these books are "too old".

As someone who thinks the Chad story sounds like a blast, and something I'd love to read, Superman being disheartened over humanity not following his example to be their best versions and help one another to make the world a better place is consistent with why he does what he does, how he doesn't, instead of going Red Son mode and forcing a utilitarian "utopia" onto us.

yeah I know its possible to suck dicks

>thinking 13-yo's like goofy shit
Any Forums is officially below Any Forums in level of awareness

nobody said anything about sucking dicks except you, so don't bring your homosexuality into this topic to dodge your shit tastes

>Guys look how mature I am! Surely this will let you all know that I'm totally not 15 years old!

The problem is that attempts to write "for adults" often results in tedious, self-serious garbage like what says. The best "serious" Superman/cape stories just set out to be good stories that don't mind working with the weird shit and as a result don't disappear up their own ass worrying about being "adult".

>nobody said anything about sucking dicks except you
Only because your mouth was full at the time.

But people liked Morrison's action comics.
It was the n52 Superman people made fun of with Clark being butthurt Lois was with another man and the shenanigans of some weird clone man from krypton teleporting in.

In all seriousness: no, it isn't. To like cape stuff you must on some level like Superman.

You do not the first thing about me or what i was doing, we are on Any Forums dumbass, anonymity, and you're the only one talking about this faggotry, if this is the only thing on you mind, and nobody talked about being gay up until this point, then the only logical conclusion is that you're the only one sucking dick, because this thread was about Superman and for some reason you wanted to bring up the subject of homosexuality.