Why did the reboot get canceled?

Why did the reboot get canceled?

Attached: boondox.jpg (1070x635, 149.75K)

They wisely chose to not do it without John Witherspoon

Too much tragedy behind the scenes. I doubt it would've survived the merger with discovery

Did we really want a fucking reboot?

Recast Granddad

Attached: file.png (828x1157, 1.46M)

this is like pretending they shouldn't have gone forward with Samurai Jack because Mako dies. recasting exists and nobody would think worse of you for doing it.

I'm so glad they won't get to appropriate the Spider-Verse style as some sort of black people thing

John Witherspoon is dead, Charlie Murphy is dead, Ed Asner is dead. If it was just one VA missing, maybe they could work around it, but it's a bunch of them.

This isn’t Squidbillies, user.

But for real, the only good thing to come from the cancellation is at least Witherspoon’s son won’t have to hear some fucked up A.I. voice that’ll be his dad’s replacement.

Corporate drama and budget cuts, VA deaths, nd the script just not working are your likely answers

>this is like pretending they shouldn't have gone forward with Samurai Jack because Mako dies.
They shouldn't have. Season 5 sucked.

Yeah I feel bad for Aaron McGruder. I mean there's bad luck and then there's just the shit storm that hit the boondocks. Jesus man. I can't be mad at him, God is literally against another season.

Well I wasn't really thinking about that recast, but he'd probably make a better Granddad than Early.

wouldn't fly in this era

Attached: 1630463093459.png (244x260, 96.11K)

It was Black Jesus all over again.

It wouldn’t work, considering the modern political climate

Their whole narrative probably centered around trumpshit and was already played out before they even went into production. Keeping the Boondocks in a floating timeline where they can check in every couple years to comment on the culture is easy enough, but rebooting just to deliver a lesser version what what you did before is recipe for diminishing returns.

Not a terrible choice honestly.

>Their whole narrative probably centered around trumpshit
It was a literal reboot centered around Uncle Ruckus working for Trump, it wasn't going to have Titmouse doing the animation, the character backstories would be different and of course all the dead VAs. Honestly it was going to be a shitshow making people howl for the original continuity after like 2 episodes and after Trump didn't get reelected Magruder's heart wasn't in it any more. It's for the best this way.

1. This 2. HBO Max is aware of the trouble it would bring. Aaron already tested the waters with the MLK saying nigger and that was a shit storm even if people think it wasn't.
3. Aaron holds himself to a high standard than people think. So high he is unaware that the first Boondocks was just BLACK FAMILY GUY. (prove me fucking wrong. How many white kids have you seen or heard mimicking ANYTHING Riley has said ad nauseam like they would Stewie Griffin?) He knows this, is painfully aware that this is the only people who want to see it and don't care for any message he has to push.

>3. Aaron holds himself to a high standard than people think. So high he is unaware that the first Boondocks was just BLACK FAMILY GUY. (prove me fucking wrong. How many white kids have you seen or heard mimicking ANYTHING Riley has said ad nauseam like they would Stewie Griffin?) He knows this, is painfully aware that this is the only people who want to see it and don't care for any message he has to push.
Maybe Aaron shouldn't have made it a comedy if he wanted to send a genuine message. Everyone is too busy laughing at the absurdity and stereotypes to see the critical political and social commentary.