Do your that sound?

Do your that sound?
It's every screenwriter in the world whispering reverently under their breath.
"Thank fuck I wasn't part of writing this shit"

Attached: No Way Home With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.jpg (1920x1080, 188.33K)

perturbed?

Attached: manuel.jpg (781x693, 42.2K)

I didnt like that. But it gives may a purpose

Yeah, it was way weirder that she was the hot older lady everyone wanted to fuck.

Wasn't May's purpose always to be that one grounded point in Peter's life outside of superheroing and dating shit? At least that's how it always felt like in the older comics.

Still better than Webb-verse Ben's weird variation of the great power line

The Raimi trilogy is unmatched. We can all agree on that, right?

Her purpose was already accomplished when she convinced Peter to help villains get better rather than just send them away to get back to his life.
Her telling him about great responsibility didn't prevent him from seeking revenge against the Green Goblin. It's Tobey's Spider-man who put him back on the right tracks.

May was that and she was also a perpetual point of stress. This elderly woman, who, for all intents and purposes, is his mother and only true familial connection always dealing with the stress of growing old AND poor. She was always a tick for peter, both in her being the emotional core of his support system AND having to take care of her. She’s a great character and rosemary harris got her perfectly

For sure

Fuck this quote

Attached: TASM Uncle Ben.jpg (1939x808, 399.4K)

This is the first time they got the quote actually right in live action if I recall correctly right? the Raimi movies shortened it and the Webb movies just said lmao

The problem isn't the quote itself. It's Tomei's delivery.

Aunt May is more important than uncle ben. But I still hate that sentence

>ever since Spider-Man got introduced to the MCU they deliberately went out of their way not to reference the origin or Uncle Ben since it's been done enough
>they just reference the origin and Uncle Ben anyway but it's Aunt May saying the line instead
>it took Peter 6 (SIX) movies to learn and go through what he did at the end of 1 (ONE) comic and that's not even counting how the Raimi and Webb movies handled it in the first 20 minutes of their movies
This shit was terrible and anyone that thinks the next one won't be total dogshit is a delusional and overdosing on copium

Attached: 1213161354658.jpg (768x576, 74.6K)

>>it took Peter 6 (SIX) movies to learn and go through what he did at the end of 1 (ONE) comic and that's not even counting how the Raimi and Webb movies handled it in the first 20 minutes of their movies
This is wrong. It was implied he's already learned that in his first scene in Civil War, but whiny babies who wanted the Holland movies to be exactly like the Maguire and Garfield moviees made them change their mind about having the line referenced. So, they structured NWH around that lesson to put HollandSpidey in the same situation as the other two. I like 60s Spidey but I fucking hate the fans. It was good having something actually different, even if not everything was perfectly done.

uncle ben is not important

Hot Take: Having someone that already knows Peter is Spider-Man give him the great power=great responsibility line cheapens the message.

Why were they so insistent on not having Uncle Ben exist in the MCU? They never once said his name.

this movie is such dogshit.

That was my problem. It was like some executive was forcing it out of asshurt, felt extremely unnatural and made a lot of scenes with Aunt May feel stilted as if they were stepping around it and undercutting her character.

desu this is actually very powerful. peter is basically like a kid raised by a single mom. for her to tell him that probably means a lot to the many people that grow up with single moms nowadays. not everyone has a father in their life, as peter's daddy died against thanos.

>uncle ben is not important
yeah he's so unimportant which is why they repeated his role with May right?
retard