What did Phastos think would happen when he gave atomic bombs to the US during WWII?

What did Phastos think would happen when he gave atomic bombs to the US during WWII?

Attached: Culture_eternals_HIR1107_comp_v004.1040.jpg (2132x1599, 342.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m6JsdR_g_R8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Funny how a guy who's superpower is supposedly being smart could be so dumb. It's almost like the movie he was in was terribly written.

What did Ikaris think about this 7000 year old loli wanting to ride his dick?

Attached: sprite eternals.jpg (600x338, 22.02K)

Maybe he didnt give the bomb but he whisoered something into niels bohr's ears decades before

>the smartest

i fucking hate the super duper smart character makes a dumb decision trope

Why is Arishem such a fucking moron is the real question

Sprite was so weird,already tons of characters in then movie,then Chloe Zhao goes and adds a fucking 1000 year old dragon kid archetype,and now she will be the pedo going to school with 11 year olds while having the mind of an adult

Arishem is like a dev playing his own videogame,he just won't bother

>Eternals kill this mongrel niggers I accidentaly made and prepare this planet for the birth of a new Celestial
>Okay boss
>Movie ends

With Celestial energy, wouldn't it be WAY easier just to make Sprite look like an adult than change her entire body chemistry to age? They're robots more or less

Same happens in comics?

still no idea why Sprite didn't just hook up with some teenager and drop the relationship when he founds outs shes not aging

Attached: cock smell.png (393x829, 332.85K)

>hey, species of monkey that dominated the planet by hunting large mammals to extinction and burning down entire prehistoric forests to scavenge their dead remains, who kickstarted the industrial revolution and tore up the earth to create a self-sustaining economy that in doing so inspired an entire philosophical concept by Karl Polanyi called The Double Movement - wherein humanity has essentially grown so power mad from industrial success we have willingly sacrificed the wellbeing of our own selves and our own social protections simply to make our economy even more self-sustaining than it ever reasonably had to be
>you look very trustworthy to give nuclear power to, definitely not the kind who'd weaponise it for conflicts and negotiation. I know this cause I'm black and that means I'm The Smawtest!
>*stares blankly at the camera*

Attached: Screen-Shot-2021-10-25-at-3.43.54-PM.png (1600x900, 1.87M)

>What did Oppenheimer think would happen when he gave atomic bombs to the US during WWII?

Being a genius doesn't mean he's smart. High IQ autists are still autists. When you're so engrossed in what you can do, you don't stop to think if you should do it, you just do it.

presumably the same as what US brass thought
an unpleasant decision, but one that probably saved lives

japanese resistance on okinawa was absolutely brutal, and included mass suicides from both the military and civilian population
going through with operation downfall would have been several times the fanatical resistance seen on okinawa, the defense plans made by the japanese were insane (including submerged defenders fed from a tube, lying in wait for days, before sacrifcing themselves with a lunge mine to sink an allied landing craft)

the alternative to an invasion would be to starve out japan until they surrenderd
but no one knew how long it would take for the japanese to surrender, possibly not until 1947
this whole time, japanese would be hit by conventional bombing campaign which would kill more people over time than the nuke
and there was fighting in burma, china, and an invasion of korea was inevitable
every day japan decides to resist surrender while waiting to starve to death, both allied and japanese people are dying

between these two equally bad choices, a weapon that would have granted the impetus for japan to surrender without a slow starvation campaign or a direct attack would not have been seen as outrageous

>hey people fighting over territories with coal, maybe you could have peace with nuclear energy abundance.of power. This could accelerate perpetual peace thought by kant

youtube.com/watch?v=m6JsdR_g_R8

2ch had an absolute meltdown over this scene lmao

Made more sense when sprite was male and was really bitter the whore of the Eternals didn't want to fuck him and was eternally horny 24/7.