Netflix Animation Drama Behind The Scenes #2

Nico Colaleo still spills the beans while Netflix Animation people like Craig McCracken and Alex Hirsch like his tweets, Sabrina Cotugno keeps adding fire to the wood

Apparently Disney TVA is the only studio who will keep making Original IPS

>twitter.com/NicoColaleo/status/1490787079105564673

TLRD: >I can confirm there is alot of bad shit going down at Netflix Animation. They're planning to shut down in-house TV animation entirely once the current projects have finished and just outsource full production to other studios again. The whole big splash they made about attracting top creators, creative freedom, guaranteed continued employment because of the in-house recruiting to other shows once your current position ends, the whole-ass building they just finished constructing in Hollywood, etc... all of that is going down the drain. That's what all these industryfags were vaguely referring to on twitter recently. The studio will continue to focusnon existing IP like the Roald Dahl rights they just spent a ton on for some reason, and CG features.

Attached: Netflix Animation More Like Dumpster Fire Animation.jpg (529x465, 44.64K)

>Nico Colaleo
>Sabrina Cotugno

They deserve it desu

Should have made stuff that appealed to everyone, not just twitter dykes who won't buy anything while you're simultaneously shitting on the company for not being woke enough on Twitter.
They had golden opportunities and bit the hand that fed them. I don't feel bad. They helped cause the current dark age.

Have they done anything worthwhile in house? Seems like every Netflix "original" that I remember liking is stuff they only bought the distribution rights like Arcane, Klaus and anime stuff

Can some oldy explain this to me

Isn’t he the guy who knew about John K being awful for years, but did nothing about it?

EVERYONE knew about John K. People talked about it on Any Forums about a decade before Katie Rice made it into a spectacle.

Oh no! Now there won’t be original ideas like Nico’s pitches!

Attached: 8119C7F0-6044-426D-838E-8AEF7D370856.jpg (1365x1539, 897.53K)

Like McCracken/Faust and Savino

What does that mean?

Way of doing business??

*Carrozza

Seeing the emphasis on anime adaptations of western properties, I guess it really is happening.

Send storyboards to Japan, get them animated. This created things like Ducktales '87, Batman TAS and Inspector Gadget.
Ideally we get good animation and the japs get decent salaries.
Watch out for monkey paws.

Who whoa whoa

I thought the woke shoes were popular?!?!?!!

Attached: 1641045623122.png (534x409, 224.43K)

Churn out the cheapest fastest most low effort shit just to sell toys.

>Apparently Disney TVA is the only studio who will keep making Original IPS

>Netflix Animation people like Craig McCracken and Alex Hirsch like his tweets

The one company that Hirsch has despised for a whole decade ends up being the only one who allows creative freedom, like poetry.

Outsource known IPs to outside studios, rather than making new ones domestically.

Yes but Nico apparently applauded a fellow female artist when she got to work on Cans Without Labels, never alarming her over the open secret many people within the Spumco entourage knew about, which is that John K is a pederast and sexual harasser.
My source is a podcast he did with a female artist on his tumble account, I’m not sure if anyone can find it tho

Dunno man
Just because JK fucks some girls, doesn't mean he will fuck every single one that works on the company.

One negative outcome of the monke’s pe may be that we get well animated shows, but with garbage writing like many 80s Japanese animated cartoons. We will see tho

The two people who will never EVER go
>Wait...maybe it's me?
when it comes to why no one likes them and no one wants to work with them.

They both have a huge track record of treating people like shit when they were lowly interns or new hires. But are now industry regulars who perfectly recall Nico and Sabrina treating them like shit and refuse to have a damn thing to do with them.

Never understood why he burnt that bridge while being petty, in case something like what’s currently happening.

Except bijack and kid comic didn't most if these Netflix cartoons suck?

It’s tough to say. Some pedos and perverts can control themselves, others can’t and their lust turns into addiction, this is specially true for those who collect coins. See some pedos collect cp with the hopes that maybe this will satisfy their urges, in the end it ends up making their urges worse and then they decide to o after kids, and with John K we know he collected cp

>coins
*cp

They were already lost when they started collecting cp

This is so weird to me, everyone EVERYONE knew John K was a pedo piece of shit and were 100% vocal about it the entire time from the early 90s and on. It's just that no one in any level of authority gave any kind of a fuck about that when the person in question was a proven money maker in Burbank.

Then all of a sudden people were saying
>Holy shit John K is a fucking monster ! Why didn't anyone tell us?!?!?
around 2012. And everyone involved who had been telling as many people as possible for 20+ years were just fucking mad.

Attached: 454546.jpg (410x398, 171K)