/hyw/ - How's Your Webcomic?

Thread Question: For those of you that draw: what's your biggest strength and weakness?

Please keep bitching and arguing to a minimum.

>/hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit

> DRAWING PRACTICE AND TUTORIALS
ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES AND REFERENCE
People: deviantart.com/senshistock/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com/en/
CC Wild Words: cofonts.com/cc-wild-words-roman-font/

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Don'ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/raw/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/a-guide-to-zero-cost-webcomic-promotion

> WHERE TO PUBLISH MY WEBCOMIC?
webtoons.com/en/
tapas.io/
comicfury.com/
theduckwebcomics.com/
mangaido.com/en

> ART AND WRITING RESOURCES
makingcomics.com/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
archive.org/details/RobertMcKeeStorypdf/
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
pastebin.com/BSVaT7uQ

> BRUSH PACKS
CSP: mega.nz/#F!5xlV2IzJ!bg8BZB-oYaVrmD31S3fJHw

Attached: 1575164801913.jpg (1200x1165, 258.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webtoons.com/en/challenge/spiral-highway/list?title_no=704216
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fiadh?

Attached: FIADHH.png (714x1068, 387.06K)

You stupid fucking tranny, we're not supposed to have threads one after another.

better than the faggot that usually tries to be first desu

>Fiadh
Pathetic.

Attached: Laugh Laugh.png (767x741, 396.34K)

>what's your biggest strength and weakness?
I think my art is great because I always make it all up out of my head as I go, and I think it generally comes out cool.
I think I mess up A LOT because I always make it all up out of my head as I go, and designs are generally inaccurate from panel to panel. I still think it comes out cool though.

Attached: Amish_Tsunowi_activate_it.jpg (714x893, 228.99K)

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!
I think both would prefer friendship.

Attached: bad asha.jpg (728x1202, 184.61K)

>I think both would prefer friendship.
The bestest.

Attached: Justin and Fiodh.png (635x887, 169.52K)

Hopefully, one day the IP ban will be lifted, so I could post the pages of MY BRAND NEW COMIC - SPIRAL HIGHWAY!

>About: Jean Hurlant has always dreamed about becoming a mech-pilot, and now he can finally pursue his dream... on the streets of Metal City!

It's like a Saturday morning cartoon, as I update the comic every Saturday morning at 09:00 (EST).
Read it here:
webtoons.com/en/challenge/spiral-highway/list?title_no=704216

>For those of you that draw: what's your biggest strength
Probably layouts.
>and weakness?
Buildings. Trying to rectify it with this title.

/ss/

Why?

HOLY this looks great. You've gotten really good!

>what’s your biggest drawing strength and weakness. I honestly don’t know. My biggest weakness is definitely my bad line work. Everything is flat and lines are either too thick or too thin so it always looks lifeless.
As for strength? Don’t see any particular strengths.

I think a large issue with my art is I am too ambitious for my skill set and often spend a horrifically long time on drawings that never turn out looking like they justified the work.

Pic related is a few of my more recent finished drawings

Attached: 97D32AA5-E116-4826-991B-78981F1E1279.jpg (3941x3046, 1.29M)

>I am too ambitious for my skill set and often spend a horrifically long time on drawings that never turn out looking like they justified the work.
Same here.
I always like to challenge myself, but a lot of times it just feels like a waste of time

Most of my art is drawthread requests of varying degrees of being finished because of that.
I feel like I get one decent drawing every 3 months or so

Attached: 29189A0B-9E3F-43B6-8AB3-C9696952CEC3.jpg (3941x3046, 1.27M)

These are pretty good, but you seem to have a problem when it comes to folds in clothes, which the same problem I have.
I'm not confident enough to take requests from a draw thread, because I'm afraid I'll disappoint

Honestly it’s depends on the day, I have problems with everything really. And what happens is I will look at it after drawing for 6 hours straight, decide I hate it, lose confidence and never finish. That Amphibia LAN party was unfinished after a week of working on it off and on for almost 20 hours. I’m an extremely slow drawer.

Jesus, you call him that every thread. Do you want to fuck him that badly?

Lol he got yeeted

>Thread Question: For those of you that draw: what's your biggest strength and weakness?
I think my biggest strength is the fact the characters look and act very expressive, even with my more minimalistic style.

My biggest weaknesses have to be perspective and background design. Still practicing a lot on it to improve much more on it.

Attached: The Girls.png (1575x1294, 566.34K)

>Thread Question: For those of you that draw: what's your biggest strength and weakness?
it's "WHO draw"

You’re surprisingly versatile. Not everyone can draw this decently outside of their default art style.
I won’t say it’s good art, but there’s a few pros to offset the mountain of cons