Fantastic Four

How do you feel about their current status in the comics?
I feel that Franklin and especially Valeria being teenagers was a mistake

Attached: FLFaIGEX0AcGdz7.jpg (1366x2048, 611.11K)

>too many characters for them to know what to do with consistently
>Franklin has little to do and lost being a mutant in a dumb way, i'll give it the leeway that it stops him being sidelined on Krakoa
>i honestly don't remember anything memorable happening with Valeria
>the retcon to their origin was the dumbest shit imaginable
>Ben and Alicia finally being married's great, no complaints there

I agree. And Franklin not being blonde annoys me remarkably.

>I feel that Franklin and especially Valeria being teenagers was a mistake
I'll do you one better; I think Franklin and Valeria were a mistake since day one. While I feel like a hypocrite, happy at the idea of Peter being married to MJ and having Mayday, I don't care for the Fantastic Twins. Ben adopting those aliens I can buy because he deserves to be happy, but Reed and Sue just suck as a couple and I don't know the right way to fix it. Maybe I would be more open to Franklin and Valeria if they weren't so fucking broken ability wise.

It kinda sucks that they got rid of the Moloid children and replaced them with the Kree and Skrull kids

Those Moloids loved Ben

I like Reed and Sue. I think that too many writers overplayed
>Reed's in lab being autistic which happened occassionally in the Kirby run but wasn't a defining characteristic
They get on well and it's one of the most stress-free relationships in the MU aside from writers bringing up Namor

Like Superman, bad creatives don't know how to tell good stories and that results in dum-dums saying "Supes/F4 is just too boring for [current year"

Hickman's run was fun and interesting but I don't think it can replicated. The Future Foundation was a great addition to the F4 mythos.
The only other time they've been as fun since then was the Allred's "FF" series which technically didn't feature the family.

I think F4 needs a great artist to take the reins of the book. So much capeshit is stuck in this idea that "superstar writers" drive an iconic book and forget about the artist.

I'm not saying the artist should literally imitate Kirby's style but Marvel needs an artist who will bring Kirby's energy to F4 -- and toss so many cool looking visual sci-fi ideas at the audience.
Some names I'd recommend:
Tradd Moore
Evan Shaner
Alexis Ziritt
Ken Garing
James Stokoe

fraction was on the "main" Fantastic Four title as the same time as FF but it was just kind of dull. you could tell he was more interested in FF. i agree the series needs people who get the kind of creativity and raw energy it needs

Namor is a big nothingburger. So what if Sue ogles him occasionally or he tries to put moves on her. If Reed were genuinely threatened by him he'd be the Prince of the Negative Zone by now.

That's my point. I'm glad they're just married instead of forcing in some kind of stupid love triangle or break-up plot that'll get resolved in every creative team's run. It can work for other characters but I don't think it'd fit here

Will they make Johnny gay?

I always find funny that the only thing that the Marvel Editorial respect from the Lee/Kirby legacy is the Sue/Reed marriage

They already pulled that card with Iceman, to do it again would be called out as retarded. Here's my issue with Johnny; he's a perpetual fucking manchild. That shit with his last bird girlfriend? Completely unacceptable and borderline out of character for him. Sure Johnny loves women, and has a long list of exes, but he's not supposed to be a cheater. I just feel sad for that girl, and it further makes Johnny an idiot that refuses to grow up because comics
>"It's not like we were married"
Dumbass, you were fucking bonded my bullshit alien rings that make you feel everything your partner does and clearly is a sign of bonding/commitment. What the fuck did you think it meant?

Pain.

i agree about the manchild thing. Waid tried to give him a bunch of arcs to mature him out of it and Millar drove him back to manchild-land. But wasn't he basically forced into the bird-girl relationship?

wait, i might be confusing that with Lyra

No it’s a good thing.
The Incredibles have shown that the F4 concept can used in modernization and appeal to the general audience. Teen and preteen kids is the step in the right direction.

No. Unlike Iceman who’s a nothingburger relatively to the other O5 and ANAD X-Men, they’ll make Johnny bisexual at most.

Slott is great I just don't like some of his artists they should've stuck with Silva

They were always shit and boring

I don’t know. Fantastic Four is one of my favorite comic things but I’d rather let that fat bitch from 1,000 Pound Sisters take a shit on my face than read anything from Dan Slott.

Attached: 8731342B-2894-4220-BCCA-2E17F9C8C11F.png (1716x844, 1.88M)