What did you think of the Donny Cates run on Thor? Is it worth getting into?

What did you think of the Donny Cates run on Thor? Is it worth getting into?

Attached: clean (2).jpg (1200x1845, 967.05K)

I read the first arc and some random issues but couldn't get into it. It's not bad, just boring. But he did Galactus dirty.

It's shit. Cates doesn't understand Thor and wants to turn him into an anti-hero.

>Is a Cates comic worth reading
the answer is always no

I dropped it half way into the 2nd arc.

His venom run was great

It reminds me of actual fanfiction written by hormonal 13 year old who have this child's idea of the RADDEST, BADDEST DUDE WHO TAKES NO SHIT AND DOES WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS BUT UH ALSO IT'S HIS CHARACTER FLAW AND UGH, HIS DAD IS THE WORST BUT HEY MAN HES ALSO A NICE GUY HE HAS A COOL GIRLFRIEND THAT CAN SUMMON RAINBOWS AND A HORSE BRO HE FIGHTS BUT FEELS BAD ABOUT SO NOW THEY'RE OKAY

AND HE FIGHTS THE HYPER DEATH VOID WHO IS EVEN STRONGER THAN FAGLACTUS WHO'S A GAY LITTLE BITCH THAT COULDN'T EAT A WORLD IF IT OFFERED ITSELF UP TO HIM, GOD FUCK GALACTUS, THE CHAD THOR WRECKS HIS ANUS INSIDE OUT

OH, OH AND THEN THOR'S EVIL HALF LIKE. KILLS JOMUNGANDR, THE FUCKING WORLD SERPENT, TO SHOW HOW POWERFUL HE IS? AND OH SHIT, IT'S DR. DONALD BLAKE WHO USES HIS SICK DOCTORING SKILLS TO VIVISECT ALL OF ASGARD. BUT BOOM! AFTER ESCAPING FROM THE DIMENSION HE WAS TRAPPED IN THOR FUCKING WRECKS HIM. AND THEN HE STICKS THAT FUCKING FAG BACK IN HEL, FUCK HIM.

AND THEN ODIN TRIPS OVER, FARTS AND EATS SHIT BECAUSE FUCK YOU DAD I HATE YOU FOR TAKING AWAY MY XBOX (YOU CAN STAY THOUGH MOM, I LOVE YOU)

AND THEN THOR FIGHTS HIS HAMMER, WHO HATES HIM

ALSO HERE'S MY OC KNULL, REMEMBER HIM?!? HE'S SO FUCKING LIT BRO, HE'S THE GOD OF THE VOID.

BUT IN THE FUTURE THOR HAS TO FIGHT THANOS WITH THE INFINITY GEMS IN HIS HAMMER AND KNULL AS THE SEVENTH INFINITY STONE AND HOLY SHIT SO MANY MARVEL ZOMBIES YOU GUYS WON'T BELIEVE IT

Anyway, that's the impression I get from reading Cates' Thor.

>AND THEN THOR FIGHTS HIS HAMMER, WHO HATES HIM
i'm more offended by him using Mangog because I know that it's superhero and villains get reused all the time, but that character's arc got closed in Kirby's run. Buscema shouldn't even have used them

what did you think was great about it

Personally I'm annoyed that Whor got called back to at all because really, just fuck that whole run and the crap about him being "unworthy" especially when it turned the whole thing was a goddamn farce caused by Nick Fury not keeping his fat fucking mouth shut.

Cates worships the ground Aaron walks on, of course Whor would get callbacks

sucks

I'm tired of Donald Blake being treated like shit

I'm more offended that he showed that knull was gonna come back even stronger

Although he does have a point marvel heroes throw a lot of shit into the sun

Huh I forgot he really has been. Didn't he get ripped apart into basically a flesh golem by the Enchantress a decade back?

I mean don't all Cates books?

Hey, say what you like about his Venom run but at the heart of it was Eddie and his boy having a great relationship.

Yeah he somehow worked Venom right.

the problem is this would be perfectly fine if he was making more OCs. I'd mind less if he wasn't doing this shit with existing characters to establish power levels and continue Aaron's mischaracterisations. Superhero comics are great when they mix crazy shit with soap opera drama and Cates understands that but botches using it

Yeah, I agree with this. Sure, make some guy called Shitlord the Skullfuckcape and have him shit his pants and do wheelies while flipping off the man. But as you say, the problem is Thor has a history behind him and Cates is throwing every lesson he ever learned during it down the toilet because he really wants to play with his action figures.

It went so right that it has to be some kind of fluke, judging by his other output. Shit there were a few parts where Knull seemed like he almost had a bit of nuance, like he sincerely thinks being completely under his control is in the symbiotes' best interests.

>Sure, make some guy called Shitlord the Skullfuckcape and have him shit his pants and do wheelies while flipping off the man
Unironically yes. Knull kind of sucks but there was an attempt. If creators hadn't thrown their imaginations at things we wouldn't have gotten characters like The Thing, Ego, Galactus, or Paste Pot Pete at the end of the day