Oh boo hoo hoo! So I made Teela the main character of the show. Big whoop. Guess what...

Oh boo hoo hoo! So I made Teela the main character of the show. Big whoop. Guess what? Its a god damn kids show made to sell toys You get to take liberties with storytelling.I can't just focus on the he-man character. Have you ever tried making an animated series from scratch? I worked my ass off and spent over four years of my life making a two season cartoon that I barely even finished on time. Foreshadowing and lore out the wazoo for you manchildren to enjoy. Dissecting and encoding every little detail. OF COURSE THERE WILL BE INCONSISTENCIES! What sort of cartoons have YOU made? What credentials do YOU have? Who are YOU to judge the likes of me, the great Kevin Patrick Smith, the greatest cartoonist to ever walk the face of this Earth since Walt Disney's head was frozen and placed inside the Epcot spaceship? You should be happy enough that I even bothered to finish this cartoon for you, I'm bored of it already. See ya on Netflix, assholes.

Attached: kevin smith.jpg (1400x700, 120.4K)

The true disappointment for me is the fact that Teela had zero girl on girl moments despite this board telling me she was a bull dyke. :(
Oh and KANG GRAYSKULL

and after that reveal the show was quickly forgotten about

He is right.

>Throws Adam in mud
>Immediately celebrates with Teela looking endearingly at the roodypoo, sneering at Adam
>roodypoo spouts some shit about 'Kith and kin" when Adam leaves through portal

Yeah you're my kindred buddy, i would have cracked your skull & kicked your teeth in for that shit. Cut your fucking ears off & gouged your eyes out. Always reducing others such that you can feel elevated? propaganda carried, lanefed weakling.

"All fatalities against Jax", I particularly enjoy the part where cat tears him a new asshole.

BEHOLD: as janny protects your cowardly sensibilities by deleting this post.

Attached: main-qimg-e1bc18bac8d7f5196a56570a075f9a49.jpg (1080x1159, 221.27K)

This but unironically.

Now go back to reducing the boards quality by repeatedly posting Miles & Boondocks, narrowminded fucking degenerate.

Attached: main-qimg-f9ffe86ad93610fbc65216c4e5227b64-lq.jpg (602x712, 104.41K)

Stay mad

Attached: kevinSmithHugeJorts.jpg (600x882, 71.87K)

All the better to quell you with my dear.

Attached: 171848365-352-k736074.jpg (352x550, 40.83K)

> show made to sell toys
>I can't just focus on the he-man character
Thats where this bait doesnt make sense. If it is a toy show, you will focus on He-Man!

Hot take:I honestly didn’t mind Ashi in Samurai Jack S5, even though she gets a similar amount of criticism for similar reasons to Teela. Her Arc, personality, and abilities, were believable on some level, and the romance shit was always going to be subjective, if they didn’t get together, just as many shippers would’ve been angry. Really, it was the rushed ending that soured a lot of moods about it. Nevertheless, while I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with this new trend of IP revivals going the route of “Old main character gets new female and/or child companion that both shakes up the status quo and eases in new audiences”, I think there’s potential for a lot more nuance than just “Old man bad, new woman good”. If He-Man is a bad example, than a good example would be something like God of War, or Spiderverse, or even, and this might be a stretch, the Clone Wars with Ahsoka. I also like the first Last of Us, but I gotta call it out for popularizing this trend so much.

Attached: 965C91BB-4F2E-495D-B5BD-EC7A216759A3.jpg (500x363, 35.06K)

>“Old man bad, new woman good”
This never happened

Didn’t this thread literally start with complaining that new He-Man was about dunking on He-Man in order to prop up Teela?
Ergo, “Old man bad, new woman good”

There's no dunking

Remember when the copers said that this would definitely get another season and Netflix doesn't cancel anything and now animators on twitter are crying about how Netflix is cancelling everything?

Jack was still unquestionably the main character though. And Aku wasn't reduced to a fucking incel. That still doesn't make sense, people in our boring-ass world would jump bones with a skeleton head, but no one in Eternia would?

Okay, ya got me, I haven’t actually seen MotU, but I’m just speaking from principle; just because a long dormant franchise introduces a new audience surrogate character that operates by more modern social sensibilities, doesn’t mean that the entirety of the old status quo should be invalidated or mocked. Obviously there are exceptions, like if an old show was explicitly racist or sexist, in which case no freaking duh should the show be changed. Otherwise, it feels like new show runners are just afraid of coming off as too pandering with fan service, so they over-correct, which leads to backlash like with Teela

Didn't his show literally get overshadowed by the he-man show that was literally made to sell toys though?

>i didnt watch the show but here is what i think thread #3846

Attached: die already.png (353x296, 30.23K)

He didn’t make it from scratch that would be an original idea, not an established idea rebooted.

>doesn’t mean that the entirety of the old status quo should be invalidated or mocked
The show constantly sucks Adam's dick