"Animated movies that had flopped commercially, yet were still good movies" thread

This movie would've done well had MGM not fucked it over.

Attached: Rock&Rule.jpg (1979x3000, 935.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/knENwlh0FFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think I'd like it better if the main characters weren't hybrid rat creatures

While their designs do seem uncanny, you have to remember that this movie is set after a nuclear world war, so it would make sense for the characters to look like hybrids.

historically every single Fantasia has been a commercial bomb. Even if they're considered artistic darlings

Attached: download (6).jpg (2193x3458, 1.2M)

Adding this here so that this thread gets bumped.

Attached: We're Back!.jpg (1030x1500, 567.13K)

I don't feel like it adds anything to the plot, but it works well for the setting. For the most part have the two main characters human, although not like the only humans. As for the mutant rats, why not various different types of mutants? Overall I do like Mok's design and wouldn't change a thing

Attached: file.png (954x855, 548.56K)

Attached: 182ec5a8a7eb8596f03faffb65402ce1de42dbac.jpg (400x591, 48.39K)

>why not various different types of mutants?
I think there were other variants of mutant in the movie, but the only ones I ever saw were the ones that got murked at the club's entrance.

Originally, the movie was going to have cartoonish-looking characters, but it got more realistic as the movie's production went on.

Because they're not good. It's basically a bunch of really high budget student films and they fucking suck just like most student films do.

Honestly, Fantasia should've stuck to just being short films instead of a full-length film.

Aside from liking the visuals and music, I didn't really like this movie much.

youtu.be/knENwlh0FFA

I know a lot of people complain about the main character Omar being an asshole, but isn’t that just his arc? He’s like Ratchet in the first Ratchet and Clank game, where he stops being a dick by the end.

Oddly enough, iirc, there were some extended scenes of him that were cut that painted him in a better light.

>Aside from liking the visuals and music, I didn't really like this movie much.

The movie is literally just visuals and music, that's the entire point

Hey. Fuck you. Rhapsody in Blue was excellent

Due to this movies flop, Nelvana shifted to only making educational shows.

Too bad the gamble didn't pay off. Who knows what direction animation could have gone down.

Shame really. I really liked this movie, and it definitely had a lot of love put into it.

Too bad MGM had to fuck it all up.

What's the deal with MGM and this movie? I remember watching it and liking it quite a bit, besides the dog looking mutants who work for Mok and their sister, which felt out of place and quite corny.

They screwed over the movie by cutting out scenes that would've provided additional context to the movie and they gave this movie limited viewings. Had the movie been able to be shown at more theaters, it wouldn't have bombed as hard as it did.