Muppet babies have a successful comeback

>Muppet babies have a successful comeback
>sesame street has been on the air since 1969
>Fraggle Rock reboot is amazing
>Dark Crystal had a good season on Netflix before Netflix went full retard on em.
>Disney can't figure out what they want to do with the Muppets

Attached: Muppets.png (1280x705, 1.81M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XrWuFUSELrg
youtu.be/ENkNqaYTjiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It seems that after the 2011 film that had lots of positive feedback everything went to shit.

The Muppets had soul. NuDisney has no soul. Watching Disney Muppets is like watching amateurs test stock 3D modeling assets

Zoomers don’t have the patience for shows/movies with constant musical numbers.

Muppets have soul.

Not anymore, everyone can see it

Are you one who think they should have stopped when Jim died?

There's nothing inherently interesting or fun about the muppets, they're literally just a collection of random puppets. It's about the writing and the performances, and you can't just money up great writing and acting, though you can certainly try.

The people in charge of the Muppets don’t have joy in their souls. They are incapable of earnest sentiment, so they need the Muppets to be “subversive” or flawed.

But the original Muppets flaws were in their earnestness…they had goals and chased them, and much of the humor came from the manic energy they put into their pursuits and the crazy way they fell short…but they also laughed and threw themselves right back into what they loved. You can’t make that “edgy” or subversive without poisoning it. It was what it was and it was made by people who loved what they did, not people who see a market to extract wealth from.

Attached: AE3449FC-69B8-4E85-B642-34E97B9B7719.gif (850x302, 54.83K)

It would be like trying to make Homestar Runner episodes by committee.

The last good Muppets product was Treasure Island

Kermit’s voice is beyond awful now so if’s not worth it until he doesn’t sound like Constantine anymore

This greentext is forgetting Muppets Haunted Mansion.

Muppet threads are always sad because of how bad things have been for so long. lord almighty that new kermit voice is horrendous.

It wasn’t very good.

Who believes that anymore? Some of the best Muppet movies came out after Jim died. Muppets definitely hit a huge rough patch once the 21st century started though.

Because Jason Segel is a dumbass celebrity that thinks you can magically fix an adrift franchise by making a self-insert fanfic where you save the Muppets and feebly put "Kermit announces new Muppet Show revival on ABC next fall" into your first draft's ending to be immediately tossed out, and then when the movie comes out, you move onto new entirely different projects

Attached: my-job-here-is-done-butvou-didnt-do-anything-29733393.png (500x941, 185.09K)

Hey there, I'm the Black Muppet. Notice my broad nose and big fucking lips. I have no discernable personality but you remember me for being the muppet that you wish was Kermit instead. I'm practically Scooter.

Attached: Clifford_no_glasses.jpg (300x279, 17.89K)

He had personality when he was on the Jim Henson Hour.

>I will also never come back because my voice had sex with some male prostitutes and forgot to check if they were over 18. This is also why Elmo now sounds weird to you.

They were 20

It’s so embarrassingly bad although people in the comments will say it’s an improvement over how he started he still sounds the same as in 2017. It’s been almost 5 years and he still sounds bad, it’s time for a new voice.
youtu.be/XrWuFUSELrg
youtu.be/ENkNqaYTjiY

Netflix’s Dark Crystal should have been a full length movie like the original. The moment I heard it was going to be a series I knew it would get canceled and it pissed me off that the series was actually good.

Get Peter Linz to play Kermit.

Just because he doesn't sound like 'THE KERMIT I GREW UP WITH'. He's doing the Kermit HE grew up with. Jim's Kermit.

Why doesn't Disney get Bobby Lopez to do a Muppet show? He's under their payroll. The Muppets are under their payroll.