Dan Vs

Would Dan Vs have been better if it was on Adult Swim?

Attached: x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 386.29K)

No, in fact it would probably be worse.
But it would have been better off not on whatever that hasbro channel was called.
Probably just CN would have been best for it, but I suppose that would have led to it being woke garbage by this point.

Like Aquabats, being on a network figuring out what to be may have led to more creative freedom

>manlet getting angry at things
why the fuck does Any Forums have such a massive hard on for this show

Because it's entertaining?
Most good shows are simple premises like that.
Dan vs. takes a little angry man and exaggerates him to absurdity. Usually, his grievances have some relatability to them and it's fun to watch someone actually act on those little thoughts that occasionally pop in one's head during those moments.

Yes

Not unless you think incest is funny.

Thanks to the age rating we avoided
>Chris committing murder for a gag
>Dan getting raped for a gag
>Dan's sextape
>Elise having an incestuous relationship with her father
>In general Dan characterization being much worse in the OG plot. (Instead of "extrentric maniac", it was "horny and rude asshole with anger issue")

Adult swim would have been the worst place for this show.

When this show was made they weren't going to give room to an original over the guaranteed money the Fox reruns brought. It would've been made to be extremely cheap with stoner approved shit humor like the rest of Adult Swim's originals at the time and today.

It's been 9 years, let this show rest.
I don't understand why people want a sequel/reboot of this stupid ass show.

Unpopular Opinion, but as much as I would love to see a more-adult version of Dan VS., I feel that being on a kid's channel would fit the show better.

Maybe have it go the route of Regular Show, where despite being a kids show, it leans more towards the teenager demographic.

>Unpopular opinion
>Say one of the most popular opinion regarding this show

Definitely not. Kids channel's limitations is what forced the staff to be more creative and imaginative.

Is this stuffy the creator wanted to add but couldn't, or stuff that would have probably been forced in the show because execs want it to be edgy?

I couldn't watch Dan VS as a kid because MLP was on the same channel and I didn't want to accidently stumble onto it.

It's weird to think how many shows marketed towards young adults / people in their twenties back then consisted of people being snarky losers but portrayed as the coolest shit ever. Off the top of my head:
>Dan Vs.
>Duckman
>Pretty much all of Kevin Smith's work
I'd include Daria as well but at least she realizes that she's an asshole in the end.

Stuff creators wanted to add but couldn't.

I'm glad Dan Vs was a kids show.

So Elise can be thiccer

Attached: 1580458086337.png (435x854, 449.38K)

>Duckman
>portrayed as the coolest shit ever
u wot

Duckman was sometimes right and his love for his sons and dead wife sometimes showed itself as a saving grace but he was generally portrayed as a deranged pervert.

Animation aimed at adults is often excessively crude so having to restrain themselves probably resulted in a better show.

Duckman is a dickhead who tells it like it is. And why? Because he loves his family.

>>In general Dan characterization being much worse in the OG plot. (Instead of "extrentric maniac", it was "horny and rude asshole with anger issue")
Dan being an inexplicable mix of savant and barely-functional was a great aspect of the show.

You evidently haven't seen the threads around here where people agree with his sentiments. It's similar to how people with no self-awareness like the characters from the eltingville club (which had a pilot whose theme was made by the Aquabats who had a show on the same network as Dan Vs. BAM! I've came full circle).