Vox Machina

Thought the first episode was a rough start but the newest ones were a lot of fun.

Attached: FKNLFMqXIAQYJUc.jpg (912x1102, 126.46K)

They suddenly made Keyleth my favorite character

Attached: 3059683.jpg (2880x6456, 2.02M)

Is there a more useless party member than that Gunslinger? Show is alright, nothing special, kind of makes me want a legit D&D cartoon like the old one made modern.

Yeah he’s absolutely fucking useless and making him suddenly the main character came out of nowhere. He ruins situations he’s involved in, he acts like he’s better than everyone else when he’s not, contributes barely nothing to the group, and yet he has two hot elves lusting after his edgy ass and the whole group joins to fight for his cause

Just finished the new episodes, god damn that was great. Not sure if it's just cause I miss playing D&D a ton but this is my favorite animated show in a while. The Door scene is so relatable to everyone who's played the game and just gets cursed dice for a dozen rolls in a row.

I've only watched a little of CR (mostly watch the shorter stuff Matt and others do on the side cause I just don't have time for that many hours of CR) but what's the black smoke and change in eye colour about for Percy?

Skimming some other threads, why are people bitched about it being a bit of an edgy adult show? Have they never played D&D? Undead should be played as adult horror. D&D tables always have lots of sex humor too.

Glad to see best class represented, but god damn are they downplaying the Bard's abilities in this show.

Attached: bard.jpg (924x1433, 50.15K)

The irony is that the whole comedy angle of “they’re not your average fantasy adventurers!” that they used to sell the show is the worst part of it, and the show just devolves into standard D&D type adventure with all its cliches. And it manages to somewhat work while doing it, but then why even fucking bother with that cringy ass “adult humor” that’s no better than any Family Guy skit?

How many seasons till we get to her?

Attached: 4c38b622f340f8206f033d3e942a8b0c.jpg (619x1200, 71.46K)

> Skimming some other threads, why are people bitched about it being a bit of an edgy adult show?
2021 gave us Invincible, Arcane, Tear Along the Dotted Line, and more Primal. Entries that show adult animation can be more than tits, gore and swear words. And then comes this show that claims to be another one of the “different” type of adult shows, only to spend its first episodes doing exactly the same shit every other forgettable adult cartoon does.
Maybe it fits D&D, but creative people would have found ways to showcase that stuff in a way that’s not the same as everything else. After 2021 any cheap adult comedy can fuck off, the industry is different now.

She looks annoying and we already have 2 cheerful goodie two shoes girls on the team.

Then you don't really want a D&D show, do you? The comedy here at least still has the feeling of some of the adlib stuff that happens at a game.

The comedy in this show is the most bare bones generic comedy you can find in any youtube animated parody or other adult cartoons. From what I know D&D is all about crazy unpredictable shit happening all the time and reacting to it in creative ways, not bare bones jokes that feel like they were the first and easiest thing that came to the writers minds

It was surprising to see the two big lgbqt reps so far (the elf bro and the dwarf) both have straight crushes. I heard on previous threads that Critical Role pandered to the gays.

Any Forums just trying to cause shit by saying people are freaking out over everything. No one gives a shit.

>what's the black smoke and change in eye colour about for Percy?
I imagine they'll go more into his backstory soon enough but, he essentially made a Faustian contract to help him get his revenge. It's why he's the only one in the world who knew how to make guns.

>why are people bitched about it being a bit of an edgy adult show?
I'm on the fence because I think the first episode and its shock value gross-out humor was easily the weakest part of the show so far, but I also think it'd be disingenuous to exclude it entirely. It's an adaption of a tabletop game that was naturally full of random irreverent humor. It could get plenty serious too, but there was always an underlying element of improvised comedy that made up the cast dynamic.

>god damn are they downplaying the Bard's abilities in this show
Yeah, they're doubling down pretty hard on his comic relief role, but if the stream's anything to go by they're just emphasizing how weak he is on his own now to give certain stand-out moments and character development he gets later on more oomph.

Attached: 7529384.jpg (1920x1080, 103.08K)

Generalized stream character rankings

Scanlan > Grog > Vex > Percy > Vax > Pike > Keyleth

Show character rankings

Keyleth > Grog > Pike > Vax > Percy > Vex > Scanlan

Attached: 36938.jpg (1306x735, 55.05K)

Does anyone have a clip of Vax and Scanlan flipping each other off from last batch of episodes? Thought that would make a good reaction.

Yeah it'll have a rougher time being held up alongside new stuff like Arcane, but there's a fun sincere energy to the show that makes me nostalgic for old tabletop sessions that walk the line between goofy and grim.

Haven't played it in years myself, but I miss it.

Attached: E3IgfLjXMAEByNe.jpg (1275x2048, 517.85K)

Attached: fuckyou.webm (1280x720, 1020.31K)

Attached: openthedoor.webm (1280x720, 1.16M)

>several wasted spells, broken pick-lock attempts, and physical damage taken for the sake of getting through a standard wooden door
It's fanservicey but I like that they took the time and effort to make a full callback to the dumb bout of bad luck they had in-game.

Attached: 1575079979919.jpg (355x368, 25.77K)

Vox Machina was the first of three campaigns played. It way more traditional and familiar D&D, while campaigns 2 and 3 is where they got more gay and started playing multicolored nonstandard races.

New to this, is this just some group's dnd session animated ?

Yes, with the caveat that said group are all famous voice actors who have been streaming said sessions on twitch for years.

I saw the first 3 episodes and have no real interest in seeing more. The pacing just seems crap.

I'd recommend giving episode 4 a shot, it's a huge improvement. But if you don't like that one, then definitely drop it cause you probably won't like the rest.

I would tap that.