Ultron without the slow build up of him being Hank Pyms R2 D2 style little buddy robot who slowly gains self...

Ultron without the slow build up of him being Hank Pyms R2 D2 style little buddy robot who slowly gains self actualization and goes insane at the same rate as his father is just totally worthless. What the fuck even was this version of Ultron?

Attached: Ultron-640x321.jpg (640x321, 68.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The (entirely different and unrelated) Age of Ultron arc was coming out around the time. I'm almost certain that Marvel just wanted brand synergy and maybe Whedon had some fun idea for evil robot Stark. Shit fucking sucked.

>Ultron without the slow build up of him being Hank Pyms R2 D2 style little buddy robot who slowly gains self actualization and goes insane at the same rate as
None of that happened. Ultron's first appearance in Avengers #55 is as a villain. We don't get his backstory until later issues. There was no slow build up.
You're right that the MCU version was ass, though.

Fun Fact: We almost had a Phase One Ant Man movie, but Marvel (probably Ike) vetoed it in favor of Iron Man 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do

he looked so good in this trailer

Edgar Wright also didn't want to play ball with a shared universe so that was a pretty big factor, too

Not exactly, neither Marvel nor Edgar Wright saw it as an immediate priority

I think like most of these fags, they're talking about Earth's Mightiest Heroes. IMO
>i can get why they gave him a humanoid face, but it wasn't a great decision
>the voice was great
>being a more insecure, evil Tony/Jarvis with a bad sense of humour was great
>No, EMH-fags, Ultron should not be an emotionless murder robot

You don't understand comic book story telling at all. It's like you're watching a season of a show that slowly reveals information through flashbacks. So yes, the slow build up of him developing from a cute helper robot to his friend Hank Pym like a loyal dog to becoming a genocidal maniac as Hank Pym becomes unhinged is how his story unfolds. Read the entire story, not just the first issue summary on wikipedia

i don't understand people who want Ultron to be emotionless, like his crazy emotions is such a big, fun part of him

Attached: ultron1.jpg (480x695, 175.23K)

You never read the original story in any fashion

i don't know what the fuck this guy is talking about with Ultron having some build up as a helper robot that went rogue. not how it happened

Ultrons whole thing is being intrinsically linked to Hank Pyms emotions

Yes it is. Ultron was Hank Pyms little helper Droid buddy that started out as a non humanoid R2 D2 style bot as Ultron 1, who he upgraded to Ultron 3 who was still good natured, who then upgraded himself into a humanoid form at Ultron 4 as an act of emergent self actualization in order to save Hank in a crisis, and then became insane at the same time Hank became insane and became Yellowjacket

>being a more insecure, evil Tony/Jarvis with a bad sense of humour was great
They really failed to leverage this, though. Ultron being made from Pym's fucked up brainwaves is a great hook, and replacing Pym with Tony works just fine for where they were at in the narrative. But they completely skipped the part where Ultron was made from his creator's brain scans, and so it just kind of comes across as Le Quirky Evil Robot... Because.

*as Ultron 5

The upgrade process is key

Exactly. There is no Ultron without Hank Pyms brain

And all of that is told through flashbacks after his debut as a villain.
It's not a "slow build" to villainhood when he's already taken center stage as a bad guy, and complaining that the movie made him a villain too quickly is retarded when the comics made him a villain IMMEDIATELY.
No one's disputing he got more development in flashbacks, but that's not what we're talking about.

>But they completely skipped the part where Ultron was made from his creator's brain scans, and so it just kind of comes across as Le Quirky Evil Robot... Because.
Kind of. Iirc (been a while) Jarvis was based on Tony's personality, then Ultron more or less spun out of and assimilated Jarvis' AI. Which is exactly why Ultron's evil Tony/Jarvis. He's made from two snarky assholes and has daddy issues

Yeah, you're being obtuse and retarded. You don't understand basic pulp story telling where this character is introduced dramatically and then shown in slow build fashion how he develops from a friendly helpful robot into a genocidal maniac and then act like this shitty movie version who just becomes instantly a genocidal maniac and exists for three days and then dies in just exactly the same because the intro the comic arc showed the dramatic start.

You'll literally eat up any shit the MCU pushes out no matter how bad it is

>Yeah, you're being obtuse and retarded.
No, you got called out and you're backpedalling, and everyone can see through it.

I've done zero back peddling, you just don't understand basic story telling. The concept of flashbacks are baffling to you

A flashback isn't a slow build. Quit strawmanning.
As for
>You'll literally eat up any shit the MCU pushes out no matter how bad it is
>You're right that the MCU version was ass, though.

The only cool thing about it was James Spader amazing voice
The real reason as to why he was ass was that it was a Whedon movie, when it actually needed to be a more serious movie to have Ultron as an actual threat. It's why this trailer is so good while the movie is so underwhelming

Yes it is. You introduce a dramatic open and then show how it developed from there. It's basic story telling

there's always the chance i missed some issues but i want to reiterate i have no idea what this guy is talking about where ultron is a multi-issue origin story. Hank makes him and he knocks out Hank and starts making himself the Ultron we know and love and pretends to be the Crimson Cowl and like black mails Jarvis and then makes Vision who betrays him and there's that Ozymandias page

Attached: 29.jpg (944x1347, 269.45K)