Was Grant Morrison’s Batman of Zur-En-Arrh as retarded as the Wikipedia page made it sound?

Was Grant Morrison’s Batman of Zur-En-Arrh as retarded as the Wikipedia page made it sound?

Attached: 253D9933-1790-4E48-9C4E-0E419D17881F.jpg (828x1292, 1.21M)

>morrison: all batman stories are canon
>ok, what about this really weird one?
>morrison: oh bruce was just tripping balls lmao

batman or capeshit in general is retarded
better not think but true to your point this looks
more stupid than normal

Zur-En-Arrh wasn't drugs. He was an alternate personality. Most of the rest was drugs aside from the club of Batmen

What's retarded about it?

That alternate personality was the result of training… with drugs (combined with sound and light deprivation)

How did Bruce even survive this? Didn’t he get kidnapped and have to face Darkseid immediately after this too?

It spells out exactly how he survived in the comic. Learn to read.

And yes this folds into final crisis which was a fucking mess.

not that user but it was only a mess because it had to follow up and simultaneously retcon Countdown.

No final crisis was a fucking mess all on its own. The bludhaven shit was superfluous, the mandrakk shit was superfluous, Morrison killing batman and then reading the new gods too late and deciding he sent him back in time like sonny sumo was retarded.

*forever people
I mean

I read this recently, and I didn't think so. I like the idea of someone like The Black Glove trying to outplan Bruce and neglecting some crazy-ass contingency that no sane person would even consider. The whole "I created a backup personality" thing does come off nonsensical, but it seems reasonable in the context of the DC Universe.

Exactly, he used the power of imagination to win. Bat-Mite literally says it.

>and then reading the new gods too late and deciding he sent him back in time like sonny sumo was retarded.
In fairness, that's the first thing Darkseid's shown doing with Omega Beams. Sonny was the only one who Highfather didn't bring back. In hindsight, Kirby should probably have said why. The rationale for him sparing Batman's a bit iffy compared to the Forever People, but there was more precedent than just Sonny

It's also funny the Black Glove spending so much time to masterminding this grand conspiracy to destroy Batman only gave him more time to train enough to survive it.

user you need to forget this idea that you don't read Batman for retardation.
I like the more serious stories, but his arch enemy is a fucking clown.

No it's actually the last good Batman story written.

i loved it and so did Any Forums, we had some good threads about it.

no, don't trust people who don't read comicbooks

WHY ARE YOU READING THE PLOT ON WIKIPEDIA YOU FUCKING IDIOT

JUST READ THE ACTUAL COMIC AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT

GOD DAMN

no it was kino