Everyone keeps talking about capeshit flicks being embarrassed of comics...

Everyone keeps talking about capeshit flicks being embarrassed of comics. What are some kinos you considers to be earnest?

Attached: images (17).jpg (554x554, 57.47K)

>Donner Superman flicks
>Raimi Spider-Man trilogy
>Tim Burton's Batman
>Shazam (Although I would have liked manlet Sivana)
Never saw Aquaman but Black Manta looked fucking perfect so props on them for that.

tim burton did his own thing entirely so not ashamed
most of those situations are not being ashamed of the comics
but a continuity nod to explain differences away

Is this the same poster? There have been several identical threads today, on repeat.

This movie is so forgettable, I wasn't even mad at it because I forgot almost everything. I just remember that his costume looks like corn

His first Batman at least felt faithful.

Daredevil (2003). While it still goes for leather over comic-accurate costumes, that aspect honestly feels more like early 2000s edginess than any embarrassment over the source material. I'd say the whole movie feels the most like an actual comic book of all the 2000s post-Singer/Raimi superhero movies, I could legit see someone do a miniseries retelling of Daredevil and have it turn out beat-for-beat like the movie did.

The Suicide Squad seemed to like it appreciated the material.

Attached: Captain Boomerang Suicide Squad movie.jpg (1477x2215, 697.45K)

>Raimi Spider-Man trilogy
>Organic webs
>Power ranger goblin
>Not ashamed of the comics

They actually tried a more faithful mask during preproduction but it just didn't pan out

Attached: spider-man-green-goblin-prototype-mask-1008925.jpg (655x360, 37.19K)

The organic webshooters were a holdover from an early draft and like said, the Goblin's mask was more of a practicality thing.

I'd say Raimi's embrace of humor and silly banter ("It's you whose out Gobby, out of your mind!") shows he's a real fan if Darkman wasn't evidence enough.

The Gobby line is also an actual quip and not just two minutes of the two awkwardly stumbling over each other's lines in the name of "comedy"

>What are some kinos you considers to be earnest?
This and First Avenger, Thor 2 and 3 (yes, Thor 2 isn't that good, but that wasn't the question), DoFP, GOTG1 and 2,

Ant-Man

Attached: 1533938984583.gif (245x210, 933.02K)

Guardians and peacemaker

I would have to disagree with you onThor 3 I feel like Taika just wanted to make another one of his comedies
>We will never see “He stood alone at Gjallaerbru” adapted to the big screen
Feels bad man

Considering it opens with Matt splitting a guy in half with a train I'm not seeing it. I don't see any adoration or love for the source material there, just another cash in on the X-Men wave.

>after that he beats and rapes him

based pym

Yeah Skurge is a fucking joke in that movie and the Warriors Three aren’t much better
That sounds hysterical I’ll have to watch it now

Attached: zsjl.jpg (1200x800, 292.1K)

Yeah don't get me wrong, it doesn't feel anything like Kirby or Simonson Thor but it does feel in the spirit of comics. He tried to get Skurge to have a big moment but it didn't pay off anywhere near as well