Comics Industry is dying

Well, well, well. Look at what dominates the comix scene in the US… mango.

Manga Industry instead was up 170% in 2021 vs 2020 and it made up 77% of all comics sold in the retail market.

Attached: Comic Marktet.jpg (484x309, 17.74K)

I wonder why

Attached: 2021.05.14-04.54-boundingintocomics-609eab3c53e66.png (535x257, 25.4K)

Get Woke
Go Broke

>this thread again

Most of the time, it's closer to, "Go broke, get woke." Or, "it's all downhill from here, anyway," because never forget that 'woke' is an extremely cynical ideology (as in, ~80% of it is performative at any given time).

And that's a good thing!

Source.

>selling only what's already succesfull in Japan
Of course, call me when you try selling generic shounen #37

Hey fuck you man generic shounen #37 had a great redemption arc and the fact that he died and the heroes never knew he gave them the time they needed was heart breaking.

this is adult fiction
superhero comics would be young adult fiction

Attached: FKx3ENuXMAU4To8.png (629x369, 91.26K)

Only adults and old men read superhero comics.

So what you're saying is manga is only fighting American comics at 70% of its full strength? Wow, that's just like my manga.

That shit is still better then most modern American comics.

it's not based on who actually buys it
how else do you think independent comics outsell superhero comics 3x?

>Bookscan
Well, manga was always going to win this one, but it's also worth nothing that the comics category is missing an entire year's worth of SKUs. Delaying publication was a bad decision, and its ripples will be felt for years. But hey, the feelings of some comic shops weren't hurt, I guess it's worth it.

You're not very bright, are you?

Shame they completely eclipse manga and anime thanks to movies, but feel free to keep seething tr/a/nny.

>Comics Industry is dying
Not fast enough.

>It's ok to mock and try to change other cultures if they disagree with me

Isn't he retired?

Why are you even on this board?