Was anyone else really fucking dissapointed with what happened with the breaking point in Bismuth...

Was anyone else really fucking dissapointed with what happened with the breaking point in Bismuth? I was expecting an actual fuckin' argument as to why it shouldn't be used but all it had was the bullshit 'it's not what a crystal gem would do' thing.

Attached: mein gott.jpg (250x141, 7.62K)

SU should have stopped after ocean gem, they couldn't handle most of the topics they threw on the table. A good example is how Steven treated the unbubbled RQs and obviously this.

>SU
>decent story telling
pick one

The concept that the crystal gems never shattered anyone is pretty fucking stupid because that would have made it so much easier for homeworld to destroy them.
There’s also literally nothing wrong with wanting to kill genocidal tyrants but I guess they were too cowardly to tell that to children.

Exactly! It's even worse with Bismuth because it doesn't take a genius or entire crew to figure out what kind of agruments Stevon could have made against using the breaking point, like, I dunno, that shattering the diamonds might not be avery good idea because, while it gives freedom to the remaining homeworld gems, not only will some other incredibly powerful gem probably become a leader again, there will still be those who wish for things to stay the same, those who aren't brave enough to leave homeworld and those who have no idea what "freedom" actually means. So even if they get more gems in their army, most of them will be lower-ranking and less powerful gems while the homeworld armies will still have high-ranking and powerful gems content with their role.
They could have also brought up the Slippery Slope thing, where killing diamonds means you'll be more likely to justify killing other gems.. not my favourite, but it would have been better than what we got.

Both of those make sense, I don't know why people jump to the "if you kill it makes you evil" no but killing has it's consequences in life. Steven didn't even have to be the one to use it and he threw a fit about it. Bismuth was a trash episode, that meant nothing in the long run.

Which is all irrelevant anyways because Steven kills Jasper and then just brings her back with no consequences

reminder that since shattering got retconned and no longer is a fatal death, she got bubbled twice for no reason for centuries

user are you fucking retarded?
the "Shattering" of pink diamond shows what would have happened if Bismuth's retarded ass plan was used, the diamonds would have just nuked the fucking planet.

I never said that they should use the breaking point, I'm just mad they didn't give us a proper reason for WHY it shouldn't be used.

Screw you I liked the ship bait between Peridot and the crystal gems.

Attached: 1643835217563.webm (1920x1080, 2.05M)

>I liked the ship bait

Attached: 1640578824913.png (560x453, 303.22K)

Diamonds can’t nuke planets if there are no diamonds left

why would the diamonds need nukes if all the planets they encounter are empty of life? hmmmmmmmmm

She gets gayer the more gems there are.

Attached: 1643907800581.webm (1280x720, 1003.39K)

I definitely agree, the tone is inconsistent and very shitty for it.
One minute you're talking about the horrific atrocities committed by the Diamonds under their tyranny over millennia and by the end they're just funny aunts that Steven doesn't like very much.
Shattering was walked back from being a fate worse than death, it was never addressed in the show but Humans are the first fully sentient species they've ever encountered, even if this is the case they have killed god knows how many possible civilizations in the cradle before they even had a chance to evolve to Dog or Monkey Level Intelligence.
Stevens PTSD in future makes him look like a little bitch and just hugging things out, taking a road trip and having him go to remote therapy makes it so much worse.
The show feels like it's actively fighting its own setting all the time and it's very frustrating.

Attached: 20211121_104604.jpg (836x543, 156.84K)

Bismuth was just a fool with hardcore PTSD.
Her weapon was in no way practical for the battlefield and would be utterly useless against a diamond, the sole possible use is if it was a tool of execution against an already restrained gem and defeated unable of defending their self in which case any hammer would do.

The resistance was solely comprised of rebel gems that were convinced to defect from Homeworld
Homeworld had a functionally infinite manpower compared to the resistance movement and no matter how many they killed it would never change.

Shattering gems of enemy soldiers would achieve little to nothing when simply poofing them is equivalent in terms of a fight and would only deprive the Crystal Gems of converts.

The writers are garbage and had no solid consensus because Sugar was too weak to be a firm creative leader.

I support this but you know...they could have made earth a dumpsterfire prison where you simply kick out defective gems.
pink should have really went with the australia route on earth, it won't be terraformed but you can bet your sweet ass that it will be the place where you dispose of off-color gems.
instead we got canon steven universe and steven helping canada's freedom convoy with his body.

Attached: 20220203011620456.jpg (1052x768, 316.39K)

The biggest disappointment of the series for me is actually seeing Homeworld

I feel like this is reason why a lot of the more big ideas or concepts within the show were poorly handled.

While Rebecca might have been pretty good story board artist or even director (debatable), her strong suit wasn't her writing so basically dropped the ball on a lot of ideas or concepts or could never really take a definitive stance on anything.

The reason why there is no larger discussion around shattering is because Rebecca isn't strong enough a director/writer to actually be able to put her intellectual dukes up against an opposing idea. Its why the answer to the question just ends up being "ItS NoT wHaT tHe cRYstAl GeMs dO!" which can be equate to a temper tantrum.

The Gems can
You can’t just kill a single leader and expect everything to work out