Has the modern "Disney Style" plateaued?

When watching Encanto I couldn't stop thinking that this current artstyle Disney has had since around Tangled can't possibly be iterated upon further.
The environments look nice and usually stand out somewhat, but the characters have become so extremely stylized and soft that it feels like this style has reached a point-of-no-return. Every face is now a near-charicature (which isn't necessarily a bad thing as they kind of need to be to make characters stand out, but even then the girl with the moodswings still looks like a cookie-cutter Frozen-archetype), the broad shoulders and tiny hands subdivided eleventy-million times to reach ultimate softness. It really doesn't impress anymore.

What will Disney's next step in design be?

Attached: 75c59df9f844419bb97ec66383001549.jpg (1920x810, 393.37K)

Attached: latinx gilf.jpg (296x489, 84.39K)

How does he do it? A bot crawling the page based on keywords and then the first post of the thread has its post number saved? But then yet the timing seems off so is he manually combing through the board too just to double check his work?

Spikes

no but seriously I think disney will stick with this style for a long time, the doey faced big eyes CGI characters are safe and very marketable, why would they change it?

Attached: 1641510488019.jpg (2000x2786, 848.52K)

>why would they change it?
They wouldn't, but in Encanto everyone looked so extra safe and perfect compared to earlier (just my reaction), it would be interesting to imagine where they could take it. I guess I'm becoming a little bored with regular humans all looking so similar.

Hopefully the stellar reception Arcane got inspires faith into Disney, Pixar, Sony, DreamWorks, Illumination etc to kick things up a bit and try out new styles and experiment with what CG can be instead of resorting to the most basest widespread safe formula established 20 years ago

Attached: 9851.jpg (1600x900, 354.72K)

I think we are a long way off from that idea, everything in new disney movies is getting more safe, we don't even get dangerouus villians anymore or see the heroes get physically hurt and bleed

>heroes get physically hurt and bleed
Did they ever bleed? Not that I don't agree, you're probably right, I just can't think of an instance where blood was involved.

Can anything be done about bot trollers like this?

no they never really bleed, disney has always shyed away from any consequances from violence, I think the dragon form of maleificent getting stabbed is the only instance there is of a disney character bleeding from a sword wound.

and that was over 60 years ago, disney really won't budge on their disney princess type movies being as safe as possible. If you go back to classical history we see adult ideas and themes being used warnings for children, like the Iliad where it is made very clear that when people get hurt they bleed and its a very painful thing, andhow sudden death can be and how permenant it is to the people in their life.

I think disney being the ultimate monument to american puritanical ideas really does a disservice to both morals and values they teach to their audiences and the level of story telling they're capable of.

To bring it back on topic, I think disney is very happy having this style monopolised with each character being a mimic of large swathes of peoples identity, to market to them and make them feel represented and so spend more money on disney shit

There is blood in Encanto, the main girl cuts her hand open on some pottery.

Also I think the character design is a step up from Frozen, where everyone looked like dolls with the same body type. At least the characters in this movie all have different shapes

Did anyone else think the background characters looked weird? I can't describe it but the ones without dialogue stood out to me, maybe it was the eyes

As other Anons said by the success of Arcane and the upcoming Spider-Verse we're gonna switch to edges and angular styles.
Kinda like how in the 2008-10 we reached the 3D with traces of 2D style with Clone Wars and Blue Sky's Epic.

Attached: Epguide105.jpg (700x297, 97.61K)

I don't know if it's plateaued, but I'm so sick of the modern Disney style at this point, you couldn't pay me to watch any of their movies. I'd rather watch somebody make stop-animation with human feces than another same-face CG Disney movie. Those things have the charm of a 90 minute YouTube ad.

The Yellow Squad are the best. Animal boy, Shapeshifter Boy, Cloud Bitch, No Clouds Man and Best Girl.

It seems like people like it given whenever Pixar comes around with its different and weird character designs every movie people complain

They will never make another hand-drawn movie

People will always bitch, here or anywhere else. Just let 'em be.

>People will always bitch, here or anywhere else. Just let 'em be.

Attached: 67A43EA0-4258-497C-A805-990A8913EDD4.jpg (524x604, 28.25K)

Yes.
All hail Pixar and their quest for innovation.

Attached: pixar.jpg (1080x1620, 1.45M)

i hope not, i only come to encanto threads to see his autism at work