Whichever one of you convinced that school board to ban Maus to give it attention is the smartest fucker ever

Whichever one of you convinced that school board to ban Maus to give it attention is the smartest fucker ever

Attached: mauwe.png (1033x845, 382.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=1418259
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They didn't ban it though, it just wasn't part of the curriculum anymore, which makes perfect sense.

What school has a comic book as part of the curriculum in the first place?

>which makes perfect sense

Nah. They cut an entire module from their English class. The intent had been for History class to teach dates and numbers of WWII, while the English class gave context and a human element. Going "well that's not important, especially if it means 8th graders might see horrible swear words like 'damn'" did not make sense.

self-loathing comic fans should stick to reddit.

A girls school in my city apparently had Civil War as part of the high school curriculum for an English class sometime around 2010. I don't know much else other than rumors that the teacher made sure that it was brutal so they couldn't just brush it off for being a comic.

Yeah, I know, Civil fucking War.

When Bendis was a university professor he made his students buy his work.
ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=1418259

That's every college professor

I thought (for a blissful few moments) you were talking about some comic about the American Civil War.

Then your meaning sunk in.

The point was to compare different styles of writing, a comic is different to a novel is different to a play, that sort of thing, iirc.

Maus won a Pulitzer. Lots of curricula include novels of less value than this comic.

>while the English class gave context and a human element
This is mouthpiecing for the mob. It's was probably just cut off because the parents was unsatisfied with the grammar level their kids had by 8th grade, like 95% of all other kids who go to public
If you want an entire MODULE for the holocaust, for whatever mind-numbing reason that is, have them read Anne Frank's Diary or some shit. Comic books have no place in pre-HS education, and even then it's hopefully not something you give significant attention to

Streisand effect is such a meme and yet it is documented in instances like this

With that logic, you should also exclude movies and theatre.

Yes.
Fag.
Go watch Avengers Endgame on your own time.

I don't understand why people cared what some podunk school does in the first place that they decided to make national news about it and others just HAD to buy the book in solidarity

have you seen the books that win pulitzers? Most ain't shit

And Toy Story 4 won the academy award. Am I really supposed to be impressed by an industry award?

On 3 separate occasions my high school teachers forced us to watch monty python holy grail. And I was in AP! I would have much rather been assigned Maus.

It's good that parents are getting involved if this is what passes for American education.

>No, don't let us watch a funny movie as a reward, make us read a miserable book
You're the kind of no-fun student we hated.

I actually read this book because of this board. Mmm was nice for a jewish book

the difference is that even if Maus is another holocaust story it is still a good story, toy story 4 is awful as a movie