Write a reboot/revival on Drawn Together

If you could get the chance to bring back the Drawn Together series, by written a reboot or revival on the show. What would it be like, from your perspective?

Attached: drawn_together_by_thewardenx3_dcsj7fp-fullview.jpg (1280x1280, 311.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ObRizNyQPAk?t=6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I would make it more like an adult version of the Amazing World of Gumball in terms of visual humor, and not just constant gross-outs.

(Also, Clara & Foxxy would get together.)

They'd probably go with a new cast with some returning
Ling-Ling is definitely not coming back, his VA doesn't hate the show or the character but she's apparently not exactly proud of the role in in hindsight and is "no longer obsessed with her character"

Just imagine what the cameo from different media would be like?

Attached: deaboni-3a2c6b93-56a7-49f0-9e19-91ae1b3ee336.jpg (1184x666, 303.17K)

Good concept, terrible execution. The creators were shitty frat boys that didn't even respect animation as a medium and filled the show with gore and grossout.

Has Ed Boon ever commented about Scorpion's appearance?

Real life has turned into Drawn Together

>No Peter and Lois cameo

youtu.be/ObRizNyQPAk?t=6

Make it more wholesome, like this wonderful piece of art.

I’d call it “Drawn and Quarantined” and introduce a new cast of characters that represent animation trends that became popular in the years since the original series ended;

Prism - a humanoid hologram projected from an alien crystal. She is a bleeding heart progressive who dreams of building a utopia where everyone has complete freedom and their needs are taken care of, is obviously out of touch with how the world actually works
Inspiration: Steven Universe Gems, LibDem useful idiots

Uncle Ted - a scientist who thought so hard he went insane and revolted against any and all progress, wants to literally return humanity to monkey through de-evolution
Inspiration: Rick Sanchez meets the Unabomber

Prince Damien - Incubus royalty from the underworld, a hedonistic entitled sociopath who’s an objectively terrible person but has hoards of women obsessively infatuated with him anyway
Inspiration: Hazbin Hotel, Villainous, “tumblr sexyman” archetype

Swan Queen - “girl boss” of her own kingdom, she’s got magic powers and is “not like those other useless princesses”, is in reality a total cunt who thinks she’s justified in using and abusing her many boyfriends
Inspiration: Elsa from Frozen, “empowered” heroines who are really just entitled bitches

>No Parody of Canadian Flash

Heck, Total Drama was directly inspired by Drawn Together

I would watch that. And the princess whose name I forgot has to be more of a Karen.

Ling Ling and Spanky would definitely go. Possibly also Wooldoor and Toot, though I'd be sad to see them go.
Obviously racist jokes are a Drawn Together staple, but Ling Ling didn't really get the same humanizing traits Foxxy (or Jewdoor) did. Pokemon-clones are definitely nowhere near as popular as they were back then, but anime itself still is. They could go with either the obvious NEET isekai protagonist, or the perverted older mentor type character, if they wanted to change the dynamic a bit. Keep the small dick and bad driver jokes, maybe add some incel or eats weird/live animals jokes, lose most of the gaggy shonen shit and the subtitles. Definitely keep him male, and make him more sympathetic, rather than just the butt of every joke. Maybe make him a hapa.
I don't think Spanky was even relevant at the time, but he definitely isn't now. I honestly think you could just scrap this character slot entirely and lose nothing, other than the concept of a character who can deliver semi-preachy right-wing/libertarian political messages. If that's still needed, split that role between Clara and the new Ling Ling.
Wooldoor is a great character who is so important to the comedic dynamic of the show, so I definitely think the character itself should be kept. That being said, Spongebob and zany children's cartoon characters really don't occupy the same cultural space they did then. Maybe just tack on to his character that he's washed-up now, and maybe have jokes or episodes about all his fans being 30-something hipsters instead of actual children.
Toot is a funny character, though less important to the dynamic than Wooldoor. I think you could either replace her or simply rebrand her with a super woke version of the same general character (the short ugly fat slapstick girl who's a dick to everyone), either as a parody of woke Netflix reboots, or woke modern comics. Either way, her wokeness should definitely be a facade for her actual bigotry.

Wooldoor is great because he's less Spongebob parody and more what if Spongebob was in an actual adult comedy cartoon

inb4 Ling Ling DOES come back but its a twist about how he's the new Jew Producer (Chinese running everything)

Actually, now that I think about it, replacing Spanky with a Rick Sanchez makes a lot of sense. All you'd really have to do is make him more lecherous and depraved and he'd be a perfect fit. I'd definitely keep him in a supporting role, though.

Peter and Lois appear from the waist down in the Lemon Aids Walk episode. I think Alex Borstein even voices it

Shit opinion, if you watch more than one episode, you can tell they have a great deal of affection for animation and they mimic different styles in each characters blocking as gags all the time

Canadian flash guy is unattractive and boring yet somehow financially successful and socially popular.

Also add in a really lewd French character who keeps insisting she’s family friendly (eg Totally Spies, Wakfu, Miraculous Ladybug)

>we need to ditch Spanky, Wooldoor, and Ling Ling, those archetypes aren't so relevant these days
>the 30s girl, the 70s hanna barbera girl, the 70s and 80s Disney princess girl, and the mid 90s bruce timm superhero were all on the cutting edge of animation trends in the early 2000s

IMO the best thing wouldnt be to bring back the characters and adapt them to the modern age, but make NEW characters that parody more recent cartoon archetypes. Im sure Any Forums can fill in what those would be.

Also, here's my thoughts on the characters who need little to no changes:

Captain Hero- Keep him exactly the same. Maybe even dial the gay and necrophilia stuff up a notch. The only change should be that he's now out of style with the media for being a white male protagonist, and woke Toot should have significant beef with him (if she's now a comic book character, have her try to usurp him even though her superpowers suck compared to his).

Clara- Definitely make her less overtly bigoted. "Karen"ing her is rather obvious, if a bit hackneyed. I would maybe make her the smart/cynical one, and have her be occasionally correct about racial/sexual minorities being their negative stereotype (much to Foxxy's chagrin).

Foxxy- Keep her mostly the same. Make her sort of weary of all the racial and political stuff. Have her express exhaustion both with the other characters' bigotry and woke Toot's reverse bigotry/soft bigotry. She should definitely still be fun, silly, and sexual, but a new throughline of the character should be "20 years later and we're still dealing with the same dumb shit?"

Xander- Just give him more jokes and plotlines exploring how much gaming has evolved since the original run. Potentially have him be considered retro, a relic, or a meme. Give him a fetish for new hapa Ling Ling.

Superhero cartoons and Disney Princesses are absolutely still relevant, and their form and tropes haven't even changed that much.
Toot was obviously meant to be irrelevant from her inception.
I will give you Foxxy, but the Hanna Barbera aspect of her character was always rather minimal. She was sexy black girl first and foremost.