Oban Star-Racers

kickstarter.com/projects/savtheworld/oban-star-racers-15th-anniversay-bluray/

More stretch goals unlocked, and a couple more, very limited upper tier rewards will go up tomorrow

Attached: file.png (1024x576, 699.26K)

Attached: file.png (700x517, 323.38K)

>Hi there,

>A lot of you asked us for more "Protector of Oban" rewards so we went through our stock and pulled every one last figure that we found. In spite of them being 15 years old, they're all brand new, and come with their own box.

>Please note that the "Protectors of Oban, 2nd batch" rewards, limited to 25 only, do not feature the regular Molly figure as earlier, but either the Blackbean or the SpicyTwilight limited editions:

Attached: file.png (639x484, 190.43K)

>The new "Senior Protector of Oban" tier (limited to 8 only) comes with the Classico edition:

>We're aware that not all of you who crave for a Molly figure will be able to get one this time too, but this is the best we could do - after this, we really won't have any more of these beautiful vintage Molly figures.

>To try putting everyone on an equal footing, we'll make these new very limited rewards available at a fixed time (see info on image above) Friday 4th - and a time more suitable especially to our friends on the West coast. When we started the Kickstarter campaign last Tuesday, we had no idea all the 50 Protectors of Oban rewards would be gone in less than 45 minutes (!)

>Thanks again for your great support over these past few days. Let's continue making this Oban Kickstarter one that will be long remembered, and that allows us to look ahead at the future of Oban! ;)

>Savin Yeatman-Eiffel

Attached: file.png (393x498, 87.77K)

>Is it possible to add a second copy of the bluray to my pledge?

>Yes. If you pledged for a bluray reward, you'll be able to add another copy at the end of the campaign through our pledge manager, and pay for both with a combined shipping instead of two different shipments.
For that second copy, you'll be able to choose either the exact same edition of the bluray you initialy pledge for, or a different one (a collector edition plus a regular edition for instance).

also picrel is an update on if they'll include Never Say Never at all

Attached: file.png (807x627, 49.1K)

Attached: file.png (860x1191, 665.12K)

bump

>also picrel is an update on if they'll include Never Say Never at all

I guess Disney owns that song?

Presumably. They've said it's been crazy trying to get the rights for some music, which sounds very Disney-y

nice.

>25 more protector slots available tomorrow
Fuck yeah, not gonna miss my chance to get a molly figure this time

Attached: (jazz music intensifies).jpg (480x515, 166.11K)

I bought the full color model back when they were still cheap and effective. New in box.

I only wish these sweetass Molly figures were articulated.

I am considering modding a Gyanko figure into molly. Although I think that kind of conversion is probably out of my skill range.

>to practice dubbing at home
Sounds like they want someone to make Oban Abridged, but don't want to officially say that they want it.

Yup that's almost certainly their intent

if this Kickstarter achieves 300,000, how much will they take out? because i'm having flashbacks to Mighty Number 9

I'm sorry, don't understand what you're saying.

I'm sorry, I'm half asleep does Kickstarter take fees for successful projects? and if so how much will they take off this one.

Nice, I'm happy someone else on Any Forums is still keeping their eyes on the series.
The last thread I think we had about it was one I made months ago.

Honestly I liked the Yoko Kanno songs better so this isn't the biggest loss for me.
Though I do feel for the fans who liked the other one.

It's a shame disney keeps stuff like that in their catalog when they're doing nothing with it.
You'd think they'd at least put the series up on Disney plus.
Oban would be a hit nowadays if marketed well, it's an adventure story with a female lead and an interesting setting with a focus on an overarching story, the exact kinda thing people have said they wanted for years, but barely anybody watched it.

Attached: EaUOYELWAAEMmTP.jpg (1200x1177, 233.29K)

They do take a 5% fee if the project is funded(which this is) and 3%+$0.20 off each pledge for payment processing, but that's it

Attached: file.png (943x675, 46.59K)

I barely remember this show, can someone give a run down?

from the kickstarter:

>Every 10.000 years, champions from every civilization in the galaxy face off during a mystical and dangerous competition - the Great Race of Oban. Though shrouded in mystery, it is said the outcome of the race will completely redefine the balance of power within the Milky Way. For the Earth-Team, defeat is not an option as it may well spell the end of the fragile and embattled human race.

>Too bad Earth’s ace pilot falls victim to a terrible sabotage in the early stages of the pre-selection! With no other replacement available within a 25 light years radius, our last chance of victory now squarely rests on the shoulders of a rebellious 15-year-old mechanic, Molly, and her gung-ho copilot, Jordan. But the young woman is not prepared to shoulder such a huge responsibility. The only reason she joined the team (under an alias: her real name’s Eva) was to confront her father, stern race manager Don Wei, the man who abandoned her in a boarding school ten years ago and never even bothered to call.

>Will “Molly” manage to pilot under her father’s harsh command, let alone survive the mad competition? Will she ever find the strength to tell him who she truly is, and grow past the wounds of her past thanks to her new friends: Jordan and Nourasian prince Aikka? Whatever happens, Molly's fate, as well as the future of the human race, are now inextricably intertwined!

A girl takes part in a racing tournament on an alien planet in futuristic aircraft with the fate of humanity and stability of interstellar astropolitics on the line while also trying to reconnect with her father.