What do you think about characters speaking with distinct speech bubbles and/or fonts?

What do you think about characters speaking with distinct speech bubbles and/or fonts?

Attached: Sandman Endless.jpg (1782x2746, 660.23K)

It's cool

I think they're pretty cool
Mephisto is my favorite, Batkek is my least favorite

Helps me know which one of the fuckers are talking.

deadpool is pretty cool.

Should be done sparingly, if every character has one it becomes a mess.

As long as it's not obnoxious it's fine.
Sometimes it also helps to make certain conversations more clear

I enjoy it. It allows me to add an effect to the voices so they don't sound the same in my head.

My favotire is how the Egyptians in Asterix would speak in rebus.

Attached: Asterix rebus.jpg (2053x2560, 1.07M)

I'm a big fan
The webtoon Unordinary uses it to good effect with one of the main cast
Lets you know when they're being serious

Being able to tell who's talking at a glance, when they're not even in frame is such a gigantic benefit, it's good "comic book audio design".

A good "speech bubble artist" can do it even without faggy colors and weird fonts, but I feel like it's a lost art, and the "speech bubble tech" has been stagnating for decades, this is the best we got.

I liked how during some crossovers, 616 characters would speak in ALL CAPS while Ultimate characters would speak in lower case.

It actually bothered me when someone pointed that out because a panel had Ultimate Kitty speaking in616 font and it triggered my autism

It's especially helpful when they're narrating and thus their face doesn't appear on-page.

When did the Big Two start having variety in their word balloons?

I love it.
Especially when totally distinct like Doctor Manhattan or Swamp Thing.
I'd like more comics where every single character has a different speech balloon, like Asterios Polyp.
Claremont X-Men maybe?

Love it for Sandman.

Attached: sands of time.jpg (1008x1585, 478.95K)

Attached: sandman.jpg (1600x1238, 652.24K)

It worked well for Rorschach, too.

Attached: VeidtSearch.jpg (1680x2616, 1.56M)

Or how Asgardian characters speak in a "rune" font, much better than how they used to speak in faux-Shakespeare.

That's cool.

Fine, Good even unless its the thin white font on black background that is phenomenally hard to read.