Remember when Warner said "Batman alone is priceless?"

Remember when Warner said "Batman alone is priceless?"
Apparently all of their properties are worth less than Call of Duty and Crash Bandicoot lol
I wonder if they're going to become independent or if they'll get bought

Attached: Screenshot_20220202-000712~2.png (1080x1146, 483.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2022/biz/news/att-warnermedia-spinoff-split-1235169798/
finance.yahoo.com/news/spinoff-t-picks-safer-exit-173043371.html
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/05/att-to-spin-off-warnermedia-will-try-to-act-like-a-telecom-company-again/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are we taking bets on whether Disney or China buys them?

>media monopolies falling apart
Strangely satisfying to see. Can't wait to see it fall apart.

The merger between Warner and Discovery wil put the dompany north of 100 billion dollars. Disney don't have the capital to buy them.

Disney absolutely can't afford to right now, still in debt from Fox

what a clusterfuck;

>“It’s the corporate equivalent of a garage sale: Everything must go,” says Snyder. “AT&T did an incredible job at buying assets at absolutely peak valuation and destroying valuation in the next few years.” Ultimately, the company accepted that it couldn’t sustain a massive amount of debt while investing in 5G wireless and also keeping pace with the level of content spending by the likes of Netflix and Disney.

variety.com/2022/biz/news/att-warnermedia-spinoff-split-1235169798/

This is Ma Bell with everything; they've consistently destroyed value in companies they've tried to run. They've had similar fire sales of satellite and cable companies they've acquired.

So how much stuff in development is gonna die on the vine now?

Hopefully the Niggerman projects pushed by JewJew and MBJ, and all the other wokeshit

All the DC movies and shows not currently filming yet

finance.yahoo.com/news/spinoff-t-picks-safer-exit-173043371.html

>HBO Max has been doing well — don’t get me wrong,” says Keith Snyder, CFRA Research telecom analyst, of the company’s streaming arm. “But the new company will have lots of debt and require a lot of capital — and with a weak balance sheet, they’re going to be fighting in a really competitive streaming market.”

>At the close, AT&T expects to reap $43 billion from the deal, a sad return on its foray into the media biz after buying Time Warner for nearly $85 billion. At the same time, the new “WBD” plans to assume up to approximately $43 billion of additional debt. AT&T aims to use the proceeds from the WarnerMedia spinoff to pay down net debt, which stood at $156.2 billion at the end of 2021.

No company would want to buy all that debt for content that's probably worth 15-20 billion, at that.

Probably anything that wasn't already done or near completion.

pretty much, you can expect a painful few years while the new company tries to sort itself out, I do not envy the fucker that's called in to clean up whatever AT&T left behind

wonder what this means for DC? for the longest time its been rudderless, I wonder if they'll get new management

I'm curious to see what they're going to try and do, if they're going to throw away everything or try and salvage AT&Ts mess. But the executive overhaul and firings, along with the new regime change is going to make an already unsteady company even more unstable when this is the time to be stable and sure-footed due to competition from other media companies.

I know ViacomCBS and Comcast/NBCUniversal Sky are combining their streaming services overseas and if it's successful, they'll bring something like that in the states. Then you have Disney working on its shows and Netflix is also doing some soul-searching due to all this powerful competition and subpar original content.

But, I will say that the failure of this mega merger will cool off Wall Streets love for big mergers and I think companies now are going to look into partnerships and joint-ventures, rather than just buying one big ass company and eating debt for little payoff.

That new Batman movie will be a test to see what's going to happen in the future. If it fails or underperforms I'll expect WarnerDiscovery to throw out the whole thing and start from scratch.

They might have an easier time just splitting the properties and selling them separately rather than waiting for a sucker to buy the whole package in a time of crisis.
Disney might not be able to buy the whole of Warner but might afford itself DC and the Looney Tunes, Viacom/Nick might buy Hanna Barbera, and so on.
Fuck, what if the very smallest properties could be sold low enough as for the actual creators to buy them, even if it takes pooling resources.

well general market woes doe tend to force priorities to the front of the mind, the taste for behemoths has waned a lot in recent years

I'm wonder how this war of streaming services is going to end? everyone and their brother is seems to be setting up

If they start selling properties then they're not going to have that content for which to grow money.

It would be foolish to sell your own content to a competitor, so that competitor can now make their own money from something you previously owned. And, you are in further trouble because now the competition not only has their content that was your competition to begin with when you had your own works, now they own something that was valuable to you once and is now a weapon used against you.

You're left with virtually nothing but the hope that the original content you made is up to par with your former property now theirs AND their own original content.

Disney and Netflix will be the last two remaining, then merge into DisneyFlix+ by 2040. Then by 2090 they'll collapse and all their properties go into the public domain

Internet cable where you can buy all the streaming services in several different tiers for "low" prices every month. Also, it will be owned by a shell corporation that is jointly owned by Disney, ViacomCBS and some big tech company, probably Apple or Verizon so they can sell the app on their products.

Too late to stop Tiny Troons

Nobody said Any Forums was smart.

Maybe I’m a brainlet, but it sounds like Warner will eventually rebound while AT&T are the ones in deep financial woes

So I'm guessing that Blue Beetle and AQTHF movie isn't happening

depends on how much debt AT&T are leaving them with

God this thread is filled with dummies.

>Buys Warnermedia in 2016
>Four years earlier, WB was riding as high if not higher than Disney after the success of the Nolanverse Batman trilogy
>Five years later, the company is such a shit show that AT&T is seeing record lows
Would WB have been better off without AT&T or was WB's implosion just destiny?

I wonder how negotiations over that kind of thing go, someone must have raised the subject before

AT&T
>Buys media company at top of the market price despite knowing fuck all about industry against the advice of your investors
>fire virtually everyone and slash budgets to the bone
>force subsidiaries to pay back AT&T's debts
>ignore all advice from people who work in the industry
>Why is this not working?

I'd go with the opposite, AT&T was so enamored with buying Time Warner that it forgot to be a telecommunications company and Verizon, T-mobile and others were getting 5g and fiber going and AT&T was left in the dust. Now it really said, "fuck it, not really my problem anymore" and is going back to being a phone company. And that leaves Warner Discovery in a position of consuming a lot of debt, trying to salvage what AT&T destroyed and fucked up and deal with the mess of who to hire/who to fire and corporate fuckheads now trying to scramble for a seat at the table and content creators are seeing their works being put on a spotlight to see if it has any worth, or watching their shows be culled to save money.

AT&T is in a shitpile, but it's not as bad off as Warner Discovery, who now has a mess to clean up and is seeing its competition in better straights due to not having that mess.

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/05/att-to-spin-off-warnermedia-will-try-to-act-like-a-telecom-company-again/